Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (
-   Europe (
-   -   Transport around London (

violagirl Jul 31st, 2003 08:48 AM

Transport around London
... I've done a search but can't find anything on this...

I'm going to be staying with friends outside London, (Kent) but when they're working I'll probably be going into London to sightsee and do some research. Does anyone know of a travel pass that would work for those distances (and for the tube in London too). I'll be there for about three days.


-- Viola

GeoffHamer Jul 31st, 2003 09:07 AM

From any station in the south east of England, you can buy a one-day or weekly travelcard for London. The day ticket covers a return train trip to London and unlimited train/tube/bus travel in zones 1-6.

violagirl Jul 31st, 2003 09:13 AM


Any idea where I can find out about prices?

ron Jul 31st, 2003 09:47 AM

You can find fares at They range from about £7.60 for locations in Kent near London (Dartford, for example) to about £22 for locations on the Kent coast, like Folkestone.

Lori Jul 31st, 2003 09:56 AM

Check, it's as very good website giving schedules and prices. Tube passes can be purchased at any tube station, you probably would need 3 day passes since you won't be there for a week. There are weekend passes as well tho. Check the London Underground website.

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:56 PM.