my girlfriend and I are spending August, September and October in Europe. I am trying to work out the best way to organise the following journeys:
- train from Paris airport to Avignon on 2 August;
- train from Nice to Cinque Terre on 23 August;
- train from Florence to Rome 6 September;
- train from Rome to Venice 10 September;
- train from Venice to Interlaken 13 September;
- train from Interlaken to Berlin 15 September;
- train from Berlin to Paris 20 September; and
- train from London to Scotland on 20 October.
(all of the travel in between will be done by car).
I am wondering if we should book some sort of bulk eurail pass (you can get one that gives 10 days travel over a 2 month period) or if it would be better to just book trains as we go.
I am already leaning towards booking as we go because we can book a train directly from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon and I don't know whether eurail offers this.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 windstream 1888:260:2909 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt 24*7
- 2 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 3 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 4 Lyceum theatre London
- 5 Wierd Europe map
- 6 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 7 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 8 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 9 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 10 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 11 Transportation in Brittany
- 12 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 13 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 14 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 15 Paris Apartment
- 16 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 17 Milan airport--which one
- 18 Which Area in London?
- 19 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 20 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 21 Visit to France
- 22 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 23 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 24 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 25 family trip to Germany and more