Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Transitting Charles de Gaulle (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/transitting-charles-de-gaulle-695360/)

megandaisymay Apr 9th, 2007 04:05 PM

Transitting Charles de Gaulle

Has anyone experience of transitting from terminal 2F to 2C. Have only one and a half hours; can it be done?

StCirq Apr 9th, 2007 05:13 PM

One and a half hours is a piece of cake. Most of us get about 45 minutes!

megandaisymay Apr 9th, 2007 05:27 PM

\thanks a lot. Was worried would not make it, and my transit flight is longhaul to mauritius. Just read that the security checks were long and some said they missed connections because of this,

CRose10328 Apr 9th, 2007 06:02 PM

How about from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1? Actually we are leaving from Terminal 1 but I think the RER arrives closes to Terminal 2. How much time do we need to allow between arriving on the RER and getting to our gate in Terminal 1? Thanks

TimS Apr 9th, 2007 06:15 PM

CRose,
It sounds like you will be coming to CDG from Paris. There are two RER stations at CDG: CDG 1 and CDG 2 TGV. Get off at CDG 1 and take the free Aeroports de Paris navette (shuttle bus) from the station to Terminal 1.

TimS Apr 9th, 2007 06:22 PM

CRose,
Adding to my previous post. If I remember correctly, it's about a ten-minute bus ride from the CDG 1 RER station to Terminal 1.

CRose10328 Apr 9th, 2007 06:26 PM

Tim,

You're right. We will be coming from Paris. Thank you for the info about getting off at CDG 1. I was confused about that as well. Ten minutes sounds great! Thanks again.

rkkwan Apr 9th, 2007 06:57 PM

The CDGVAL train has replaced the shuttle bus between the CDG1/3 RER stop and Terminal 1.

But otherwise, the advice is correct.

schnauzer Apr 9th, 2007 11:24 PM

Can I ask a question please? My intinerary states I land in aerogare 1 (doesn't say which terminal) and I transfer to Air France Aerogare 2 Terminal D. Do these directions make any sense to anyone? Should I be getting more info from my travel agent? If they do make sense I guess the three hours (yuk) will be plenty of time to get from A to B as it were.
Thanks, Schnauzer.

TimS Apr 10th, 2007 04:01 AM

Schnauzer,
Aerogare is the French word for terminal. I hadn't heard about the new CDGVAL that rkkwan describes so I googled it. It also connects Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 and at peak times runs every four minutes.

ira Apr 10th, 2007 04:05 AM

Hi Sch,

>I guess the three hours (yuk) will be plenty of time to get from A to B as it were.<

You are much better off with 3 hr to get from CDG1 to CDG2D than those folks who have to do it in 90 min or less.

You will be able to do it calmly, quietly and slowly.

You will even have time for a little shopping and a cuppa.

((I))

schnauzer Apr 10th, 2007 05:01 PM

Thanks for the positive responses. I feel calmer now. Mind you I will have already been on the "road" for 20 hours. It's a blinking long way from Oz. So in my jetlagged fuzzy state three hours will probably suit just right!! Will be looking forward to that cuppa by then, Ira!!!