Reload this Page >

Transfers from Prague airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2000, 03:12 PM
Carolyn

Does anyone have recommendations on transfers from Prague airport to the Marriott. Have heard that taxis there not trustworthy. Thanks-C

Old Jul 20th, 2000, 04:27 PM
Art

From the airport you can get shuttle vans that drop you at the doorstep of your destination. Get some money changed at the airport to cover it. I believe that it was approx $10.00. I used it last year but don't remember the name. <BR>Art <BR>

Old Jul 20th, 2000, 10:04 PM
Zvi Schnabel

Dear Caroline, <BR>Phone Frantisek Adamec <BR>Prague 72761771 after 21.00 local time <BR>or Prague 0603430111 (mobile phone) and you will have an excellent taxi waiting for you on the airport. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 20th, 2000, 11:14 PM
Paige

The hotel can probably arrange a pick up. We stayed at a little hotel and they picked us up for $25 (I think). On the way back to the airport, the hotel called a taxi for us and it was really cheap!

Old Jul 21st, 2000, 09:35 AM
Christina

I had no problem with this in Prague, just walked out to the curb and got in, it wasn't a regular taxi exactly, but had a name on the side of the car like Airport Cars or Airport Car Service or something (it was not one of the shuttle vans which require waiting for enough people, but they are there also with flat rates if you want that). Basically, the ones in the middle that I took are private cars like taxis but specialize in airport runs, I guess. I don't seem to have as many problems as most people do traveling (have never been pickpocketed, ripped-off, etc) even though I travel a lot, so I didn't do anything special despite the dire warnings I read about also. Fare was about 600CK, which was somewhere between US$15-18, which was fine with me, I'm not cheap or argumentative about that kind of stuff, as it costs about twice as much in most major cities--that was to the Jewish Quarter, the Marriott might be just a tad further. Anyway, your hotel definitely should be able to arrange a car pickup for you, mine offered to (but I wasn't sure on arrival time, so didn't use it) and it's a much smaller hotel than Marriott. I did take the hotel driver service (flat rate 500CK at my hotel, about US$15) going from my hotel to the airport on return, so that's a reasonable rate to look for (500CK). I think expecting to pay only US$10 (only 350-400CK) is pushing it to central Prague. If you don't use a hotel pickup service, I'd recommend the Airport Car Service individual drivers at the airport curb, the one I got had a very nice car and spoke fluent English, and was very nice. I studied Czech for 6-9 months before going and spoke a few words to the driver about whwere I was going, etc, in Czech, so maybe that helped, but I was far from fluent and he knew I was American. BTW, the Thomas Cook money exchange at the Prague Airport gives excellent rates, close to ATM/CC rates, so don't worry about exchanging money there.

Old Jul 21st, 2000, 10:05 AM
Helena

The Marriott happens to be right across the street from the CSA office, and the airport shuttle stops right there. Very convenient, and much cheaper than an airport taxi. The airport taxis are fine, a good deal more expensive than normal dispatch companies, but convenient and, in the grand scheme of things, not so much money.