Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Transferring between Charles de Gaulle and Orly Airports

Old May 27th, 2022, 04:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A group of six of us need to transfer between these airports. It would appear that Direct Bus that was recommended to us stopped operating due to Covid. Can anyone who has recently done this suggest the best method whether by RER, limo or any other means.
Thank you.
Old May 27th, 2022, 07:42 AM

With six of you I would consider just using a cab or booking a car service. Cab quotes seem to running around 100 euros and split six ways that would probably be about the same per person taking trains. If you are pressed by time or worried about traffic conditions and hesitant to travel by car, you can take the RER B and then change to the Orlyval at Anthony.

I haven't been to Paris since pre-covid in early 2020 so perhaps other folks have more updated info.
Old May 27th, 2022, 09:33 AM

Don't presume any taxi will take 6 people with luggage, by taxi regulations, they are not required to take 6 people. The flat fare would probably be a combination of the flat fare to Paris and then from Paris to Orly which would be about 90 euro. But I don't know if any taxi going between CDG and Orly is required to just sum those two flat fares. there is no flat fare set by the taxi commission between the two airports

I don't know about cab quotes being 100 euro, I just checked G7's website as they do have vans and you can specify the number of people, and they quoted around 140 euro for the trip for 6 people with baggage. And even then they may only have room for four regular suitcases plus two cabin bags, it appears. That is a lot of luggage, that's the problem.
Old May 27th, 2022, 01:16 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
There are both 7 passenger van taxis and 3-4 passenger car taxis. So you can either take one of the 7 passenger vehicles or two regular taxis. No need to book a car service.
Old May 27th, 2022, 09:47 PM

There are many maxi taxis at CDG, easily able to transfer 6 people with luggage. The fare would be whatever the meter states, plus 4€ each for the 5th and 6th passenger. I should estimate the cost at least 100€ depending upon traffic, time of day, and day of the week.
Old May 28th, 2022, 07:06 AM

Yes since they are CDG I think they should be able to get the larger cabs IME. If they want to be sure they can always pre-order a private car service although based on estimates, it is likely to be more-something closer to 150 euros or more.
Old May 28th, 2022, 10:23 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
My own solution would be to take the RER B from CDG to Orly (a quick transfer to the Orlyval at the Antony station). This eliminates any worries about possible traffic delays, not to mention taxi meters going wild because of that. The whole trip takes about an hour.
Old May 28th, 2022, 08:58 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kerouac View Post
My own solution would be to take the RER B from CDG to Orly (a quick transfer to the Orlyval at the Antony station). This eliminates any worries about possible traffic delays, not to mention taxi meters going wild because of that. The whole trip takes about an hour.

I thank all of you forvyour valuable information. RER sounds like the best option.
Old May 28th, 2022, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by rogandgee View Post
I thank all of you forvyour valuable information. RER sounds like the best option.
I personally wouldn't. Traveling solo or even a couple -- absolutely. But you'll havre 6 people plus luggage. Dealing with schlepping to the RER, then transferring at Antony - all while jet lagged. Not the best way to start a holiday IMO. Just take a taxi.
Old May 29th, 2022, 01:20 AM

The cost for a group of 6 from CDG to ORY via Antony using the RER B is 130.80€ (21.80€ each)

Depending upon traffic, a taxi may or may not cost that much, but it certainly would be a great deal easier.
Old May 29th, 2022, 01:43 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
One of the advantages of the RER is getting on the train at the CDG terminus, so you can choose the most convenient seats with no crowd. Hint: the Antony transfer (very simple) is around the middle of the RER train and has a (short) moving walkway to spare you if your luggage is heavy. The automatic Orlyval shuttle runs every few minutes.
Old May 29th, 2022, 02:21 AM
J62

I'm in the process of planning a trip next year and looking at connecting in Paris as well. Excuse my ignorance, but what is the advantage of flying into CDG then getting an onward flight out of ORY?

Old May 29th, 2022, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by J62 View Post
I'm in the process of planning a trip next year and looking at connecting in Paris as well. Excuse my ignorance, but what is the advantage of flying into CDG then getting an onward flight out of ORY?
Maybe the destination is only flown out of Orly - could be lots of reasons.
Old Jun 4th, 2022, 04:26 PM
Original Poster

It depends entirely on where your next destination is and the airline you will be using.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 03:16 PM
Original Poster

Revision

Originally Posted by kerouac View Post
One of the advantages of the RER is getting on the train at the CDG terminus, so you can choose the most convenient seats with no crowd. Hint: the Antony transfer (very simple) is around the middle of the RER train and has a (short) moving walkway to spare you if your luggage is heavy. The automatic Orlyval shuttle runs every few minutes.
Thanks to everyone. We now have a revision down to four persons as one couple is taking different flights, since their destination will be different. The four of us use carry on baggage only so RER would be the best option. We used RER last month in Paris too.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 04:24 PM

Make sure by looking at the light board that the train is going to Saint Rémy-les-Chevreuses with a stop in Antony. You do not want the train that goes to Robinson.

https://www.ratp.fr/plan-de-ligne/im...1647352557.png