Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Transfer time - Paris CDG Airport terminal 1 to Lyon
Notices

Transfer time - Paris CDG Airport terminal 1 to Lyon

Aug 20th, 2013, 02:46 AM
Original Poster

Transfer time - Paris CDG Airport terminal 1 to Lyon

Hi
I will be arriving to Paris CDG airport on Sunday 8th Dec at 6:20am terminal 1. I will be booking TGV train from CDG to Lyon. If I'm taking the train leaving CDG airport terminal 2 at 9:58am, do you think I have sufficient time to clear custom, collect baggage, move to terminal 2 TGV station. This is my first trip to France, I don't want to miss the train. I would like to buy train tickets in advance as we are family of 4 and it is a big saving. The next train is at 10:58am.
Thanks
Aug 20th, 2013, 06:08 AM

Here is the link to CdG airport's website which contains advice about switching terminals etc. http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/e...assagers/Home/
Print out the appropriate maps to help navigate.
If your plane lands on time you should have a comfortable margin to go through border entrance formalities and collect your bags (it is immigration that will have the line-up; you probably will just stroll through the customs gate.)
Buy your train tickets as soon as they come available, three months ahead, to save a bundle. Here is the official sales site http://en.voyages-sncf.com/en/ There are others. If you are in the United States, specify Antarctica as your residence so you don't get bumped to the more expensive RailEurope site. Don't worry; you can print your tickets at home.
The tickets include seat reservations. It is possible to buy tickets that can be changed the day of travel, but they are substantially more expensive.
For more about train travel, www.seat61.com and www.parisbytrain.com The high-speed train is a great experience and Lyon has its own distinctive character to enjoy.
Aug 20th, 2013, 07:15 AM

Didn't you just ask this exact same question? If not, someone else did, there are plenty of comments. see

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...re-de-lyon.cfm
Aug 20th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Southam. The dec 8th ticket should be out around sept 8th. If I purchase a changeable ticket, I can only change up to 2 hours after departure. If my flight delay over 2 hours, will the changeable tickets useless?

Christina - the link is going to the gare de lyon train station in paris. I'm going to another city Lyon which is 2hrs by TGV train.

Search this Thread