Reload this Page >

Transfer from Naples to Positano -- anyone heard of Autonaleggio Benvenuto

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 08:21 AM
Ann

Hi. We are thinking of hiring a driver to take us from Naples train station to Positano where we'll be spending the last part of our honeymoon (we'll be traveling from Florence and would like to make it to Positano to enjoy a sunset dinner). I found "Autonaleggio Benvenuto" taxi service over the internet. Anyone heard of them? The rate is ITL160,000 for an 1 and 1/2 hour journey. Alternatively, anyone know of an express bus? <BR>Our main concern is to save time and get the most we can out of our day. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 08:46 AM
igor

We were thinking about the same thing. <BR>The fare seems reasonable (it is about <BR>80 dollars). What train are you taking <BR>from Florence to Naples, is it Eurostar? <BR> <BR>thanks, <BR>Igor

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 01:49 PM
Ann

Igor - Actually, I am not sure what train we are taking. I'm tring to find the offical website for the italian train lines...

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 02:29 PM
Walter

Ann: They changed the Italian train website *again* unfortunately for the worst IMO but try this. <BR>Go to www.fs-on-line.com/ click-on "English", (Also later check-out the other click-ons "Agencies, Special Offers, On Line Ticket Office etc) <BR>Now type-in Firenze and Napoli and click-on "Search", you want to _*get off*_ that page so don't bother with the dates and time. Now you have a new page with Firenze & Napoli listed as the "departure & arrival" stations, now just use the "pull-downs" and click-on your dates & times and hit "Search". <BR> Once in the timetables to find the fares and connection info, to the left of your train under the "Select" column either click-on the train's <BR># (1,2,3,...) or the "red square/triangle". If your fare *isn't* listed go to the bottom of that page click-on "Fares" and the next page under "Seats Number" type-in number of seats you want *most likely* next to the "Standard Fare" line. Choose "seat reservations" and your "Class" (1st/2nd) if they are options and click-on "Fares". I haven't done it but you can now buy your tickets on-line directly thru their website. <BR> Also check-out www.starnet.it/car-service/ I've read 2 or 3 positive posts about them here, try searching for past posts. <BR>HTH Regards, Walter <BR>

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 07:36 PM
Kimerley

Ann, contact the hotel your staying at in Positano, they can probably organise a transfer from Naples to Positano for you.Tell them how much the other company is charging and they will probably better it! <BR>I organised our transfer (Naples to Positano) through CIT in Australia. The cost is $180AUD between the 3 of us. <BR>Alternatively you could catch the train to Salerno from Rome and then car/bus to Positano. enjoy your honeymoon.

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 05:46 AM
igor

Is the transfer from Sorrento to Positano shorted than the one from Naples to Positano? If so, then it <BR>probably makes sense to go to Sorrento <BR>instead of Naples. <BR> <BR>Igor.

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 10:39 AM
Paulo

I take it that you meant Salerno, Igor. <BR> <BR>Though the distance to Positano from Salerno is somewhat shorter than from Naples (40km vs 58km), I bet it takes about the same time (1 hour) and there shouldn't be an important price difference. On the other hand, a time loss to get all the way to Salerno is certain. <BR> <BR>Paulo

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 12:03 PM
toby

You can change trains in the Naples train station and get on a train to SORRENTO from there it is a short taxi ride to Positano. We stayed at the Villa Franca in Positano and just down the hill was the bus to Ravello. We took a taxi back to SORRENTO for the train to Herculaneum (ruins of buried upper class seaside resort fewer tourists than pompeii) Pompeii was on the same train line.It was easy and we do not speak Italian.

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 12:09 PM
igor

Do you know if there are direct trains <BR>from Rome or Florence to Sorrento? <BR>This way we wont have to change at Naples.

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 01:27 PM
Paulo

No, Igor, that's why I thought you meant Salerno (which you may reach from Rome or Florence without a train change). To reach Sorrento by train one must necessarily change in Naples. This involves a change in level in Naples train station. The train trip to Sorrento takes about one hour, a taxi to Positano would add some 20-25 minutes and you'd by about a third of what Ann was offered.

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 12:25 PM
Faye

We are making the same trip from Florence to Positano this summer. I found that Eurostar runs directly from Florence to Naples (Departure 8:55am - Arrival 12:30) We will need to switch trains in Naples to another rail called Circumvesuviana. The trip from Naples to Sorrento is a little more than an hour. Enjoy your honeymoon! <BR> <BR>Toby, We are booked at the Villa Franca, but are staying in the residence or annex which is about 50 meters from the main villa. I am a little concern about the location and quality of the rooms/views. Any feedback?

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 07:48 AM
igor

Faye, <BR>How are you going to get to Positano <BR>from Sorrento? <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR>Igor

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 11:19 AM
Faye

Igor, <BR>We will either take a bus to Positano, or we are considering renting a car for a few days.

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 03:37 PM
michael

Ann: We used Positano Car Service last spring for limo service from Naples to Positano - They work with all the better hotels - 089-875-541-Fax:089 875 867- e_mail: [email protected]. <BR> <BR>Good lick. <BR> <BR>Michael