We plan on travelling to Germany and France in fall of 2017. Landing in Frankfurt from Canada, after an overnight flight, not sure if we want to rent a car at the airport or take a train to Cochem and rent a car there. Firstly, after landing, where at the airport can we catch a train and which line would it be? Secondly, we have looked briefly for a car rental in Cochem and can't seem to locate one. Does anyone know if we can rent from the train station and if not, where can we rent one?
Also, I read in some older posts that some type of environmental sticker is required on car rentals in Germany. Is this correct and is it a problem to take the car to France?
We plan on staying in the village of Riqueweir in France. Any comments good or bad about either Cochem or Riqueweir.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP printer 1800~681 7208 Installation Contact शिकार HP Tec*h 24/7
- 2 Barcelona to Malaga
- 3 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 4 Trains - website?
- 5 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 6 Which Area in London?
- 7 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 8 First time in Spain
- 9 Best Restaurant Birmingham
- 10 family trip to Germany and more
- 11 Visit to France
- 12 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 13 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 14 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 15 Packing Champagne
- 16 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 17 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 18 Paris Apartment
- 19 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 20 Milan airport--which one
- 21 two days in Nice
- 22 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 23 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 24 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 25 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help