We (2 people) will be travelling to Milan in Italy end of July for 4 days. On one of those days, we intend to take the first morning train to Venice and return the same day on the latest train. I have checked trenitalia website and the cheapest fare I can find is 76 Euros for 2 people. I was wondering if there are special tickets for groups of 2-5 people that would offer cheaper transportation (as few years ago, we went from Vienna to Salzburg using such a ticket for only 24 Euros or so...)
Note that we will be taking another train to Rome where we will stay for another 4 days. The price I got on Trenitalia was 86 Euros at least.
And, in case this might be helpful, we will be coming into Milan from Freiburg in Germany (costing another 98 Euros minimum).
What options do we have? Could you please advise me if these prices are good to go with or if there are cheaper alternatives, I would greatly appreciate your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 2 The World's Greatest Churches
- 3 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 4 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 5 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 6 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 7 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 8 My France Vacation
- 9 Paris November 2017
- 10 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 11 GTG Paris December 2017
- 12 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 13 London vacation rental agency
- 14 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 15 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 16 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 17 Trans Siberian Train
- 18 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 19 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 20 Iceland driving in March
- 21 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 22 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 23 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 24 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 25 ICELAND in February