Our itinerary over an extended Christmas holiday looks like this: Amsterdam - Berlin - Krakow - Prague - Munich - Bern - Venice - Pisa - Rome - Paris - London - Brugge - Amsterdam.
We are travelling in that order because we have to be in a few particular places on specific dates so this itinerary works the best for us & I think it's about 45 days in total to do this trip.
I'm looking for some advice on train travel versus air travel (we will combine the 2 but obviously some destinations will be better by train versus plane). We are a family of 2 adults and 2 teens. We are thinking of air travel from Rome to Paris but the other lengthy legs are proving difficult (such as Berlin to Krakow) where I cant seem to find a low cost carrier.
Looking for some hints and tips on how other travellers have found point to point tickets versus rail passes or suggested air travel routes etc etc.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 2 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 3 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 4 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 5 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 6 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 7 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 8 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 9 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 10 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 11 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 12 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 13 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 14 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 15 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 16 Paris November 2017
- 17 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 18 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 19 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 20 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 21 Barcelona to Malaga
- 22 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 23 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 24 Christmas week in Ireland
- 25 Salerno as a base to visit Amalfi Coast