train trip from paris to barcelona

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 04:23 PM
suhen

train trip from paris to barcelona

I plan to take an overnight train from paris to barcelona,has anyone ever tried this arrangement?

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 04:58 PM
Rex

Plenty of people have reported their experiences here. I don't think I remember an unfavorable one. It wouldn't be my choice, but that's personal.

See www.renfe.es or www.sncf.com

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 08:45 PM
up

up

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 08:54 PM
Tony

Make sure you book only on the "Joan Miro" Hotel Train No.477, from Paris Austerlitz at approx 2030.
This is by far the most comfortable and secure night train between Paris and Barcelona.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 08:54 PM
Sally

We took that train trip RT in 1996. At the border of Spain you have to switch to another train as the track widths are not the same (at least they were't in 96). We got couchettes and that was okay. One way we had a woman with a cat in a kennel in our couchette and I'm allergic to cats so that was unpleasant....lots of sneezing. But the trains were fine. Slept better than in couchettes from Germany to Venice.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 09:21 PM
suhen

thks for all the info, i'm having a second thought that i may take the plane instead,for the sake to save my enery for the remain trip - 7 days cruise and 3 days in barcelona .

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 10:35 PM
Tony

On the "Joan Miro" you don't change trains, as the wheels are adjustable for both tracks. You also get your own single or double compartment, not couchettes and cats, which is why I recommended it in the first place.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 03:48 AM
xxx

The Joan Miro is the one that is considered the "train hotel", right? Very good to excellent, seems like people say.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 09:21 AM
marilyn

We took this train (Joan Miro) from Barcelona to Paris because we had never taken an overnite train. It was ok, wasn't able to sleep a lot because it sopped about five times on the way. It is not a TGV or high speed train - we even went first class and to be honest, it was not worht it.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 01:31 PM

up