I'm planning an 18 day trip at the end of November and the beginning of December to Europe that starts in Rome and ends in Zurich. It's been 11 years since I was last in Europe and I'm totally confused with the train travel options.
Hopefully you guys can help because I'm completely baffled.
Val d'Orcia region (likely renting car)
Piedmont Region (Maybe)
Should I be purchasing directly from trenitalia? Is it recommended to buy on a leg by leg basis or some sort of bulk purchase. Or do I go with buy a euroail or raileurope pass.
This is going to be a long trip so I am trying to be budget conscious in regards to travel. Any advice or recommendations are greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 2 New Years in France
- 3 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 4 Barcelona tour option help please
- 5 2 week May trip with kids
- 6 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 7 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 8 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 9 Easter Week in Italy
- 10 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 11 Airport Transfer
- 12 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 13 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 14 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 15 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 16 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 17 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 18 Which Aran Island??
- 19 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 20 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 21 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 22 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 23 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 24 Moscow Hotels
- 25 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please