Train travel between Prague and Vienna??

Mar 27th, 2002, 11:07 AM
Mary

Train travel between Prague and Vienna??

After arriving in Prague at 7:45am, we were considering heading straight to Vienna for 3 nights before returning to Prague for 4 nights. What is the quickest train travel between these two cities? Can we catch the train at the Prague airport? We will already be tired from such a long flight so want the quickest, hopefully no train changes. Any suggestions? Are we trying to do too much? We'd consider flying as well but have heard how expensive air travel is within Europe. Thanks, Mary

Mar 28th, 2002, 12:52 PM
Christina

There are Eurocity trains (EC) between those cities that take about 4-1/2 hrs. Unless you are counting every dollar, I would think it would be best to simply fly into Vienna and out of Prague. It may not even cost any more than RT Prague, or very little. It will save time and energy. I haven't found air travel within Europe that expensive, but that wouldn't even really be within Europe as an extra flight, just an open-jaw itinerary which have never cost me much. Have you actually priced it?

Mar 28th, 2002, 02:13 PM
ttt

ttt

Mar 28th, 2002, 02:20 PM
Mary

Thanks Christina,
Unfortunately we have already "maxed" out what we can do with our FF ticket. We have a stopover (Prague)and open jaw (returning to USA from Zurich) already. The train is our only option because we must fly to Zurich from Prague. The Vienna side trip is all on our own. I did price the flight and since we're going to be there Sunday - Wednesday (without a Saturday overnight) the price was $580. per person! I wish there was some cheapy airline within CZ!! Thanks for your thoughts. Mary

Apr 10th, 2002, 03:47 PM
BillJ

Mary: I just entered a Sun-Wed round trip on Czech Airlines Pra to Vie, it came up 20,918 czk, equals approx $618 total two people. About 1/2 of your number. I didn't know your exact travel dates. Try www.csa.cz/en/

Apr 10th, 2002, 04:41 PM
mary

Bill,
Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, I did our travel dates (May 26-May29) and it prices out at 19,159 Cz EACH (approximately $560 each). It even says that Business Class is our least expensive way to travel...?? I wish it would have worked out!! Thanks so much for your posting. Mary