I am an American student studying abroad in Scotland, and a few friends and I are planning a whirlwind spring break trip to Amsterdam, Paris, and Barcelona.
Unfortunately, we're having a hard time buying train tickets online with our American credit/debit cards (apparently, RailEurope won't let us use our American cards online if we're in the UK?) and the travel agencies we've tried so far can only offer passes when all we want are two measly train trips.
Does anyone know a way for us to buy reasonably cheap train tickets with our cards online or via phone or a travel agency (basically, some way for us to get them without trekking down to London or possibly getting a British bank account)? Or is flying or buses better options?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ferry vs. plane Athens to Santorini
- 2 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 3 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 4 Change of resident
- 5 How best to see the Douro Valley?
- 6 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 7 The World's Greatest Churches
- 8 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 9 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 10 Driving
- 11 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 12 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 13 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 14 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 15 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 16 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 17 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 18 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 19 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 20 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 21 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 22 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 23 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 24 GTG Paris December 2017
- 25 Paris or Rome dinner recommendations
Train Travel Around Continental Europe OR Other Travel Options