Help Please! with my itinerary in Spain

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, We've been to Europe many times and Barcelona is the only Spanish city we've visited (LOVED IT!). We have 4 wks in Spain/Portugal and my basic plan is to fly into Malaga and leave from Madrid. I want to make the circle from Granada (3 nites?) through Cordoba, Sevilla, So Portugal and then on to Madrid (5 nites?). We love culture, food, walks/hikes, more romantic, some museums, beautiful nature. We would avoid uber tourist places like Costa del Sol. Also, since we will fly into Malaga and then go to Granada to get our car when we leave Granada, what is the best form of transport to get to Malaga? How many nites in each place? We are mid aged, of moderate income. Thanks so much!
Old Jul 17th, 2007, 08:39 AM

what time of year do you foresee this taking place?

there are so many wonderful long trip reposts already i would search here and then come back with more specific questions as most recommendations are more of the same.

Old Jul 21st, 2007, 08:01 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! We will be in Spain all of October. I see soooo many emails here that I can't sort them out. One friend told me to go to Nerja over Malaga. That was helpful. Can anyone suggest any hotels in Nerja? Thank you so much.
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 12:20 PM

I would start in Nerja with something on the beach. How about the Parador there?

I am not sure if you need 3 days in Granada. I would base in Seville and do a day trip from there to Cordoba ( VERY easy from Santa Cruz area via Ave train) and the mosque and lunch are the key things there.

Seville is wonderful and charming, so put any extra days here. Don't miss flamenco there and in Granada.

I would throw in Ronda and some white villages too.

We have some info about these places on our website ( blog under archives..search)that may help:

http://www.soultravelers3.com/

Have you looked at Maribel's guides? Penelope's "Discovering Spain'? Both are very helpful.
Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 06:37 AM

ttt
Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 04:23 PM
ComfyShoes

bvmcginnis, Visit this for some ideas:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34954915

Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 05:18 PM

My wife and I have been in the planning process as well. The following threads will show you my recent and original plan post and suggestions for others. Some of what you are looking to do coincides with our plans.

Rich

http://www.fodors.com/forums_reg/pgM...mp;keyword=153

http://www.fodors.com/forums_reg/pgM...mp;keyword=153
Old Jul 28th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Original Poster

THANK YOU ALL for the great suggestions & links! I am incorporating your suggestions & did check out Fodors, Steves. I looked at the white villages, will definitely go there along with Sevilla, Cordoba, Algarve (yep, Portugal), Nerja, Malaga & Madrid..whew!
Old Jul 28th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Original Poster

Hello, RLM346, et al, Re Alhambra tickets. I checked out the site rlm http://www.alhambradegranada.org/gui...ntradas_en.asp & they have a link to purchase tix at www.alhambratickets.com Has anyone tried this? Is it safe? Thanks a lot. V McG'
Old Jul 29th, 2007, 05:02 AM

bvmcginnis, I believe if you follow the links at www.alhambratickets.com you eventually end up at the BBVA ticket purchase site which indicates they no longer sell tickets for dates after July. The http://www.alhambradegranada.org/gui...ntradas_en.asp link gives you links for both before the end of July (which sends you to the link discussed above and the BBVA site) or for after July to the servicaixa site. It is my impression that the Alhambra just changed agents. I purchased tickets for September without any problem however since I have not used them yet I don't know if there will be any problem. But it all seems legitimate.
Old Jul 29th, 2007, 05:27 AM

I was reading the alhambragranadaorg and there it says that persons over 65 years pay 7 euros instead of 10 euros. However it is not clear if they have to be citizens of the European Economic Union. I hope not because in Seville the Alcazar is free for Seniors of all nationalities. May be it is the same here. I would be nice to know. Does anybody know?
Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:16 AM
Original Poster

I researched it myself since people had more ?s than me. Here's the scoop: Alhambra on line: now 11E for reg tix. You CAN buy in the future, not just until end of July. I am 99% sure that we US'ers can't get senior tix. And, the site now is:
www.alhambra-patronato.es