Reload this Page >

Train To Sorrento?$$

Search

Train To Sorrento?$$

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 02:54 PM
john

Train To Sorrento?$$

I am thinking about taking the train to sorrento form Rome airport. I want to figure out the cost and time, rather then a car. I love to drive and our hotel has fre parking in Sorrento..<BR><BR>Our plane arrives about 9 am is it possible to catch a train on a saturday, and get to Sorrento at a resonable time??<BR><BR>thanks

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 03:52 PM
xxx

If you're able to get through customs, take your luggage and get to the train platform before 9:30am, you may catch the 9:37am train out from Fiumicino (arriving at 10:09am at Termini) and change to the 10:45am Eurostar to Naples. This arrives at 12:30pm. Though there's a Circumvesuviana train departing at 12:39 (two floors down) I don't think you'll make it on time. The next train to Sorrento departs at 1:09pm, arriving at 2:17pm. The total cost per pax would be approx. Euro 35/45.50 for 2nd/1st class travel from Termini to Naples.<BR><BR>Most probably, you won't make it in time at Fiumicino. You should be able to get out from Fiumicino at 10:37am (arriving at 11:09am at Termini). At 11:38am there's an IC train to Naples, arriving at 1:30pm. Once again, there's the issue if you're able to rush down two floors in time. If not, you'll catch the 2:09pm Circumvesuviana train, arriving at 3:17pm in Sorrento. If the Saturday you arrive is not a "special" one (when all trips on IC trains costs the same low fare) each pax should pay approx. Euro 32.50/38 for 2nd/1st class reserved seats on the IC train.

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 04:28 PM
jahoulih

Just to add to what xxx said (hello again, xxx!), the fare for the Circumvesuviana from Naples to Sorrento will be less than 3 Euros.

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 04:48 PM
xxx

Solid as a rock, Jahoulih ... the bet was certainly well placed the other day <BR><BR>John, in the figures added above, I "guessed" 4 Euros for the Naples-Sorrento trip ... since Jahouly has corrected that, you may chop off some if you care for more precise numbers

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 04:58 PM
jahoulih

If only someone had taken the bet!<BR><BR>The Hotel Onda Verde says "about 2,35 Euros," so I think less than 3 is a safe estimate.<BR><BR>http://www.ondaverde.it/arrivarei.htm#recommend