Yay! Tickets are booked for our visit to the Harry Potter Studios. The kids are going to go absolutely bonkers... they are *huge* fans of the movies, and we haven't even told them this tour actually exists. We keep speaking in code about the "HP walking tour" and they think we're talking about the Muggles walking tour in London.
Wondering if I can get a little advice about taking the train for a 10AM start time on a weekday. The WB website says one should take the train from Euston to Watford Junction on London Midland, then catch the shuttle to the studio.
I'm staying near Gloucester Road tube, and the the tfl.gov.uk/ website actually lists an alternate option: to take the tube to West Brompton Underground Station, then go directly from there to Watford Junction on the Southern.
The total duration, from Gloucester Road Tube to Watford Junction, is about the same: 40-45 minutes. But going from West Brompton station minimizes the number of transfers, which is probably a smart strategy during the morning commute time?
Am I missing something? Have I used the TFL website correctly (i.e. does this option actually exist)?
Is there any difference between Southern and London Midland (i.e quality of trains, number of stops, different routes, costs?)
I'll be using a 7 day zone 1-2 paper travelcards (and not an oyster card), so either way I'll have to buy tickets to Watford Junction.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 2 10 days in Portugal
- 3 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 4 Driving
- 5 Paris November 2017
- 6 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 7 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 8 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 9 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 10 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 11 My France Vacation
- 12 London vacation rental agency
- 13 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 14 Greece during Easter week or August
- 15 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 16 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 17 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 18 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 19 2 nights between Munich and Slovenia
- 20 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 21 How best to see the Douro Valley?
- 22 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 23 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 24 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 25 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland