Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Train Timetables on SNCF Site or Elsewhere? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/train-timetables-on-sncf-site-or-elsewhere-897408/)

PegS Jul 3rd, 2011 06:17 PM

Train Timetables on SNCF Site or Elsewhere?

Happy 4th to everyone in the U.S.

Question...I know somewhere I can find timetables from Paris to various cities, but I swear I've searched and can't seem to find them. I know I can plug in dates etc. to retrieve timetables but I'd really just like some "old-fashioned" PDFs or a page that would have the entire timetable in one place. Any direction would be much appreciated.

ardithl Jul 3rd, 2011 09:07 PM

I'm not sure if this is what you 're looking for, but you can go to the voyages-sncf website, enter your dates, select "horaires", and follow the steps to get a PDF of the timetable for that day. I did this before I purchased prems tickets, so I could figure out my first and second choice trains, depending on if the price was right.

I have not found anywhere on the sncf site that lists all the stops for a particular train. But I have found that information on the Swiss train site, sbb.ch.

greg Jul 3rd, 2011 09:30 PM

I have not seen that kind of capabilities at www.voyages-sncf.com.

I have not seen an easy way to "reproduce" book style timetable. I think you have to settle for a route at a time which most of the train sites are set up for.

You can get a good printable form at:
reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/e

You click the right arrow of a route to expand, then click on the train number to see all the stations that train stops at.

I create a PDF version by "print/Send To Microsoft OneNOTE", then save as PDF and load it onto my Android phone to be able to access a timetable when I don't have Wifi or dataplan access.

swandav2000 Jul 3rd, 2011 09:49 PM

Hi PegS,

Wellll it is possible, but such a timetable would be huge.

Go to the Swiss rail site at

www.rail.ch

Enter any cities just to get the schedule, say from Paris to Lyon, then click to get the schedules.

When the schedules come up, the cities will be in blue. Click on the city/station, for instance, "Paris Gare-de-Lyon." More options will come up, asking the days/times that you want the schedule to cover and how many results you want to see. Click "show", and you'll see all the departures from that station for the times you selected.

To get all the possible departures from Paris, you'd have to go through these steps for each station.

Oh, also not sure how you'd make a pdf of it or email it to yourself. But you can print the page.

Good luck!

s

PegS Jul 4th, 2011 07:44 AM

Thanks for the answers everyone; I really appreciate it. It sounds like there may not be an easy way. Oh well; more excuses to play around with my Paris trip instead of doing real work, I guess. ;-)

StCirq Jul 4th, 2011 08:15 AM

I don't know why you'd need such a huge volume of information. If you do, you can buy the Thomas Cook book of all European train schedules, if it's even published any more. If all you want to do is find out when you can get from Paris to X destination, the SNCF website is perfectly sufficient.

Pvoyageuse Jul 4th, 2011 09:20 AM

See www.sncf.com
Enter date, departure and arrival, click on "horaires"
In the new window, click on "télécharger les horaires personnalisés" (top of the page)
Enter again departure, arrival, date and day of the week.
You can print them or have them sent to your e-mail address.