Reload this Page >

train tickets Amsterdam-Paris-Amsterdam

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24th, 2001, 01:20 AM
JU

I'm thinking on taking a train from Amsterdam to Paris on Jan 1. The question is can I buy a ticket at the train station few days before the departure, or should I make a reservation on internet from the states?<BR>Thanks,

Old Dec 24th, 2001, 02:52 AM
Sjoerd

You can just buy a ticket at AMS CS railway station. Go to the international ticket office on platform 2.

Old Dec 24th, 2001, 06:44 AM
Vic

I was in Europe a couple of summers ago and I found the trains from empty to completely full.<BR><BR>I don't know what the traffic is like on January 1, but why not buy the ticket on the net and make a reservation for a seat. On the deluxe trains in Europe, it's mandatory to have reserved seats.

Old Dec 25th, 2001, 09:49 AM
Kathleen

Suggestion: Read today's updated post under heading "Paris To Amsterdam" for train info: how to order tickets, cost, etc. Enjoy your trip! Travel is great, isn't it?

Old Dec 25th, 2001, 06:27 PM
Leslie

I took the TGV from Paris to Amsterdam -- it makes only 1 stop in Brussels for about 10 minutes. This is the express train, it was less than a 3 hour ride, and I think the cost of a 1 way ticket was $90. I bought the ticket here in the states through my travel agent, as we got a discount for buying 3 tickets, so the price may have been a bit less (but this was 2 years ago). We travelled in May, and I don't recall the train being full.<BR><BR>However, on January 1, I would think more people would be recovering from hangovers from the night before than travelling. You're probably fine buying a ticket at the train station.

Old Dec 26th, 2001, 04:01 AM
Craig

Premium travel requires a reservation, including TGV or sleepers&copy; You may find a stray time or train that doesn't fit this bill, but I wouldn't count on it&copy;<BR><BR>If you intend to take the regular rail -- 2nd or 1st class and during the day -- you should be able to get a ticket on the day without a problem&copy; You may run into a few people heading home from the night before, but it will be a small number&copy;<BR>