Train ticket from Warsaw to Krakow

Aug 26th, 2003, 09:37 PM
Original Poster

Train ticket from Warsaw to Krakow

Does anyone know the easiest way to purchase a train ticket from Warsaw to Krakow? I am leaving in two days for Warsaw having just changed my original flight destination from Krakow in order to leave the US a day sooner. I now need to get from Warsaw to Krakow early the next morning after my 6 PM arrival in Warsaw. I am staying overnight in Warsaw (at the Holiday Inn near the central train station) but would like to take the 6 AM train to Krakow. I thought I read somewhere that I could buy the train ticket in the airport, which might be my easiest option, and then I would have it in hand and not have to figure out how to buy one at the train station before the early morning train. Is this a good idea? Or is there some better way to procure a ticket? Any advice or suggestions? Also, any suggestion on the best way to get from the airport to the hotel? Is there an airport shuttle or should I pre-arrange a taxi? Thanks for any help you can provide.
Aug 26th, 2003, 10:07 PM

Since you are staying so near the Central station I suggest you ask reception staff to write a note in Polish to say what you want, and walk it over to the booking area of the station. That way you have no luggage beside you as you buy, and can walk in the station in the evening to find the platform you will use in the morning.

Their site www.holiday-inn.com/ then Poland, then Warsaw, suggests they have no complimentary car to the station. The taxi will be reasonable.

I suppose you are sure you want to leave at six ? There are restaurant car trains at seven and eight, too, and the trip to Krakow takes 2 hours 35 minutes.

Welcome to Europe

[email protected]
Aug 26th, 2003, 11:45 PM

Welcome to Poland. Try the Airporter bus from Okencie. Get off at downtown Marriott. Tell driver. Walk to Holiday Inn. Walk through Centralia train station, buy ticket. Over 60? buy 50% discount card. Travel 1st class for less than regular 2nd class. You can also take taxi from Marriott to Holiday Inn. Short trip. Baggage concerns?

Search this Thread