I'll be travelling in Italy in late September and early October, alone. When my flight lands in Rome, I'll be taking the express to Termini, then a train to Florence and spending a couple days there, then Pisa for 1/2 day, Siena for 1-1/2 days, a bus back to Florence, train to Naples and surroundings (Pompeii, Herculaneum, Amalfi, Paestum) for a few days, train back to Rome for 10 days, and a flight back home.
Many of the trains will be Trenitalia, with some Circumvesuviana around Pompeii, but there are a few Frecciarossa trains (Rome-Florence, Florence-Naples, Naples-Rome).
I'm hoping it is OK to just buy train tickets at the departure station, because I don't know whether my flight to Rome will be late in arriving, or exactly what time I'll make it to the train station in Florence from my bus trip from Pisa, or what time I'll arrive in Naples train station from my train from Paestum.
Is this plan OK, or do the Frecciarossa sell out, making me buy tickets online in advance to avoid wasting time sitting in train stations for the next train. If I buy in advance and miss the departure, am I out of luck, or is there some provision to let me on the next train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (([email protected]))HAW CAN I GET AUTHENTIC IELTS CERTIFICATE ONLINE.
- 2 2 week May trip with kids
- 3 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 4 Paris November 2017
- 5 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 6 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 7 Airport Transfer
- 8 Moscow Hotels
- 9 9 day trip to France
- 10 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 11 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 12 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 13 New Years in France
- 14 Barcelona tour option help please
- 15 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 16 Easter Week in Italy
- 17 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 18 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 19 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 20 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 21 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 22 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 23 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 24 Which Aran Island??
- 25 Getting to FCO from Rome