Notices

Train Prague to Vienna

Aug 28th, 2015, 05:02 PM
Original Poster

Train Prague to Vienna

We are travelling from Prague to Vienna at the end of September. We thought it would be best to book our train on the internet before we go, however, we've heard since that we're better off booking it there just before we travel. We'll be booking first class seats. Any suggestions?
Aug 28th, 2015, 06:22 PM

Susan: through this Fodor's site, I learned fairly recently about "the man in seat61" - we are going from Vienna to Prague in early October, and I used that site to figure out how to best purchase our tickets, which I did about a month ago. This fellow tells you that the train seats are like airplane seats: the cheapest sell first. I was quite happy with the pricing by booking early, and would recommend you do so also, rather than waiting until you're there.
As a sidenote, I'd always used RailEurope for prior trips, not knowing another way. Through the websites seat61 recommends, you can book about a month earlier than RailEurope's site, for reasons I don't quite comprehend. Also, I was able to pick seats myself,and in the direction of travel - with RailEurope, it always seemed to be the luck of the draw. Backwards just doesn't give the same view!
Good luck!
Sep 2nd, 2015, 05:02 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your info. I'll look up seat 61.

Search this Thread