Notices

Train from Venice to Prague

Mar 29th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Original Poster

Train from Venice to Prague

Question about supplemental fares.

I have a global rail pass that does not include Czech Republic.

We are going to book a reservation while in Italy for a night train in mid-May (probably a couple weeks in advance)

Does anyone know what the supplemental cost is 1) for the night train and 2) for the peice of the trip that is in the Czech Republic

Many Thanks for any help
(and I apologize if this gets posted more than once, I am havings internet issues, aaaahhhh)
Mar 29th, 2007, 12:16 PM

The Allegro night trains between Italy and Austria and Germany should charge you i suspect about 35 euros or so p.p. for a double - i took the Vienna-Rome Allegro night train recently with a pass and paid 29 euro i think for a place in a 4-person couchette.

The young Italian couple in the same compartment paid about the same as they book online discounted fares - they paid the same with no pass, train fare included!

From the Austrian border to Prague is not much - maybe 30 euro in 1st class or so. Buy the supplemental ticket for the Czech portion before you get on the train in austria or you may have to pay a penalty surcharge for buying it on the train.

Oops sounds like you're taking a domestic Italian night train - about same costs for a double i suspect and around 25 euros for a place in a 6-person couchette.
Mar 29th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

ttt

Search this Thread