Notices

Train from Stockholm to Trondheim?

Old Oct 5th, 2000, 09:53 AM
Brad

Train from Stockholm to Trondheim?

I need to find a resource that will give me the cost of tickets to travel between Stockholm, SWD and Trondheim, NRY by train.
Can anyone help?

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 02:13 AM
Ben Haines

The January issue of the Thomas Cook European Timetable gave fares thus, second class one-way, in US dollars. Stockholm to Oslo 116 dollars, Oslo to Trondheim 78 dollars. The route via Storlien is a bit shorter, so might cost 175 dollars. To that you should add 40 dollars if you take a sleeper on the night train. For first class you add 50 percent to all costs.

Please write if I can help further.

Ben Haines, London

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 03:44 AM
s.fowler

I've learned from Norwegian friends that the best way to get to the coastal cities such as Trondheim is by air. At least inside Norway the fartes are relatively cheap. Yahoo travel is showing a rount trip fare of $263. One way is considerably more though.

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 03:45 AM
s.fowler

FARES! Aiiiieeeeeeeeee........

Old Oct 10th, 2000, 04:25 AM
Bjorn Alvik

Hi, Brad.

In Scandinavia, all railways are operated by governmental companies: SJ in Sweden, NSB in Norway. They cooperate.
The Norwegian railwaycompany has a website www.nsb.no with an English option. I tried to get down to the prices on the English page, but did not succeed. Anyhow, be aware that there are many discount possibilities if you are a family travelling, or if you use socalled "green" routes.
I cut thes few lines from the NSB-site:
....For further information and bookings when you are planning your journey from your own country, please contact one of our agents.
For further information and bookings whilst in Norway, please call the NSB reservation service at: 815 00 888 and dial 4 for the English speaking operator......

Bjorn, Norway