Train from Paris to London

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 07:55 PM
Desi

Train from Paris to London

Has anyone ever used vouchers for Eurostar in Paris for the Channel Tunnel Paris to London? We have two vouchers that were given to my friends mother by Eurostar when a mix up occurred with her reservations. The two vouchers were issued in October and are good for one year. They have a silver star on the vouchers with an embossing?? Anyone ever seen or used this type of voucher? Thanks in advance!

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 09:33 PM
xx

topping

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 05:06 AM
Patrick

We were given vouchers like that when our train was just over a half hour late from London to Paris. They were good for a free trip in the same class as originally purchased. I was never able to use mine and they expired, but many of them are issued, so I can't imagine there would be a problem using them when you book your trip. Just let them know that you have those vouchers.
As I recall there were some basic instructions on the vouchers or on the sleeve they came in that tell you how to book.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 12:48 PM
Desi

Thank you Patrick for your response! I've inquired with raileurope and since we are traveling in less than 8 days to Paris, they say to take the vouchers in to a rail station in Paris (list of stations are printed on the vouchers). They explained that we can exchange the vouchers onsite for tickets. Wow, I'm a little nervous because our departing flight is from London (so we must get to London). A little risky but I guess we have to take risks sometimes. yikes! It will either be very simple or a very expensive train ride if we cannot use the vouchers... Wish me luck!

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 01:31 PM
Andre

Desi,

Of course Rail Europe told you to blow off - they won't accept your vouchers for payment...

BY ALL MEANS contact Eurostar in the UK by phone ASAP in order to determine wether you'll be able to get those free tickets on a convenient date. You can bet availability will be "limited"!

The only number I could find on their site (part of which is closed for maintenance as I write this message) is for customer service:
011 44 20 7928 5163

Either way, book your tickets on Eurostar's UK web site - not through rip off Rail Europe!
www.eurostar.com
Then select "UK" as country.

Good luck
Andre