London's Marble Arch neighborhood

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am reading mixed reviews about this area. It looks convenient but don't want to be staying somewhere not-so-nice. The Thistle has some great prices for the week I want to stay. I will be traveling solo....is this'd an OK 'hood? Last year I stated in Earls Court at Base2Stay and thought it were perfectly fine, I'd stay there again but I could save about $300 by staying at the Thistle.
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 12:25 PM

Perfectly fine, much more central and convenient than earls court in my opinion. Just off Oxford street so it will be bustling, if that doesn't bother you. On the central line so easy transport. I would have no issues staying these!
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 12:38 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Much nicer than Earl's Court IMO. More <i>central</i> than EC but not quite as convenient since only one tube line.

If it is $300 cheaper -great.
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 01:08 PM

Vivi, if you like museums, I would suggest visiting the Wallace Collection a short walk from the Thistle. Also stroll down Park Lane and around Mayfair to see how the other half lives.

I have stayed at the Thistle but my preference as a solo traveler is the STRAND PALACE a few minutes walk from Trafalgar Square - right in central London -eliminates a great deal of public transportation. This is a large flagship hotel. The inside has been modernized and now the outside is being redone. So rates for rooms where there may be scaffolding outside are substantially reduced. They have special rates for solo travelers.

Enjoy London…
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 08:59 PM

Just out of curiosity, what on earth are those reviews saying to suggest that this is a "not so nice" neighbourhood?