Although we have travelled throughout Europe, mostly driving or using guides, I always get a bit anxious when coordinating train travel. We will be landing at CDG from Bucharest on October 31 at approximately 9:00, with Bayeux as our destination to tour D-Day sites. We plan to take a cab to St. Lazare to avoid all the transfers. So, I have a few questions:
1. Should we buy our tickets in advance? We have 4 adults in our group.
2. Would the 12:10 train give us enough time to get from CDG to St. Lazare? Oddly, at least to me, Captain Train website offers a 1:45 train, but /en.voyages-sncf.com/en does not - only a 3:00 train. Any thoughts on why that is?
Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 2 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 3 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 4 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 5 Christmas Markets 2017
- 6 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 7 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 8 Le Marche Research Help
- 9 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 10 land vs river cruise
- 11 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 12 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 13 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 14 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 15 Tips for first trip to UK
- 16 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 17 paris to london- day trip
- 18 10 days in europe
- 19 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 20 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 21 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 22 GTG Paris December 2017
- 23 Where to stay in Naples?
- 24 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 25 European honeymoon help needed