Notices

train from Paris airport

Apr 18th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Original Poster

train from Paris airport

Can you take a train from the Paris airport? I read the former question concerning the train to Beaune, which is where we will be. I don't care (after two attempts) to drive in the Paris area.
L. Ford
Apr 18th, 2012, 08:49 PM

Can you take a train from the Paris airport?

Yes but most trains to Beaune connect through Dijon. Whether it´s feasible referencing your arrival time/date is another consideration. It may be more practicle to go into Paris to catch the train.

If by Paris airport you mean CDG, when driving you should exit the airport to the east on D212 to N2 and down to A104 to A5/A6 and you do not drive anywhere near Paris.
Apr 18th, 2012, 09:59 PM

All the trains I saw leave from Paris. You can take the RER into Paris and then get the train to Beaune (most with a connection in Dijon, as Sarastro says) but it's easier to take the Air France bus to Gare de Lyon and then the train to Beaune.

<< I read the former question concerning the train to Beaune >>

I have no idea what that means.
Apr 19th, 2012, 10:09 AM

At www.tgv-europe.com you can see a number of trains for your destination departing from CdG airport. All require one change of train before reaching Beaune. There are more departures from Gare du Nord in Paris, a few of them with no change of train. But to get to that station you have to take the suburban train in from the airport, a change of train anyhow. So all the choices are fairly equal, including several different stations to make your connection. Some regional (TER) trains offer seat reservations while others don't.
It's nice to have a range of choices, but you will have to do some research. This board has piles of information on how to use French trains; my favourite blog to simplify the process is www.parisbytrain.com

Search this Thread