Search

Cap d'Agde

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 02:15 PM
Bill

Cap d'Agde

I am interested in visiting this city for a couple of days in April/May. Is it accessible by public transportation or must one rent a car?

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 05:12 PM
lynn

Hi Bill:<BR>We have stayed in Cap d'agde a few times in the last couple of years. We rather enjoy it and are planning further trips there in the future. It's slightly touristy around the edges but fun nonetheless. At the height of the summer the outdoor cafes/restaurants have fabulous evening entertainment. You can catch a shuttle bus from the city of Agde to Cap d'agde.(You can get to Agde by trains 7 x;s per day from Paris or closer places such as Sete) Agde and Cap d'agde are about 5kms apart).Which part of Cap are you staying in. It is a sprawling resort with the naturiste side which is self contained and the other side which is spread out,with the best beaches over by Rochelonge and Richelieu. More to do though right at Le Port which is a boat harbour complete with yachts,and rental pleasure craft. A car is definitely a benefit however as there are different parts of the resort that are more easily accessible with a vehicle. The area surrounding it (say within a few hours drive is wonderful and not to be missed). Agde is fascinating.<BR>If you are looking for some restaurant suggestions check out l'ami de louis at Le Port or the restaurant on the beach at the Capao Hotel over by Rochelongue for a leisurely lunch looking out at the sea. (some of the restaurants are cheap and some better than others. There is a place that serves the cheapest oysters and wine we have ever had the pleasure to try.<BR>Check out their website at www.capdagde.com.<BR>Enjoy

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:54 PM
Bill

Thanks fo much for the reply. You give us a lot to think about. We don't know where we will stay. Don't think we are interested in staying in the naturiste side, but wouldn't mind seeing it. We like to people watch and that may be some of the most interesting in France. Is it possible to see that part without participaing?

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:32 PM
jkd

My wife and I have been there many times, why would you want to view something that you could experience first hand...No one knows you and could care less...Have a good time in France.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:23 PM
lynn

Hi Bill:<BR>If I can offer some suggestions for places to stay, you might want to try the Capao Beach hotel which is located in the rochlongue area of Cap d'agde and right on a gorgeous beach. If you want to stay right in the main area you can try the Best Western St Clair.<BR>I really wouldn't recommend going to the naturiste side of the village unless you wanted to participate. It's not a peep show to the people who are there.(I'm sure that's not what you intended to convey) Naturistes, while not prevalent in our culture as a rule are quite numerous in Europe. The naturiste side of cap d'agde is the largest recreation spot in all of Europe dedicated to their pursuits. At the height of the summer it can house up to 26 thousand people! <BR><BR>There's lots of things to see in the area however. Great beaches, restaurants, entertainment too.<BR>Enjoy

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:13 PM
Bill

<BR>If you are NOT interested in participating on the naturist side, then I kindly suggest that you stay on the textile side where the people watching would be more interesting. A clothed &quot;viewer&quot; on the nudist side might be confused with a gawker.<BR>

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 03:33 AM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>my homepage has got info on this area.<BR><BR>peter<BR><BR>http://tlp.netfirms.com/