train/bus logistics to oxford

Mar 4th, 2004, 06:19 AM
Original Poster

train/bus logistics to oxford

Hi everyone
I know i've asked similar questions before, but our itinerary changed...

We are going to Oxford from london on thursday, and do not know how to get there. I know there is a train (where can i find the schedule?) but I don't know what station it leaves from or any other information about it. I also know there is a bus, but again, I don't know the schedule or where it departs from.

From Oxford we are leaving for Hethrow. Our flight is at 4:30 or so, so we would like to be there at about 2:00. I know there are buses from Hethrow to Oxford, but I know nothing about the return. Where can you meet these buses? How often do they come? Where can I find a schedule?

Thank you all!
Mar 4th, 2004, 07:24 AM

Trains out are half-hourly at 18 and 48 minutes past. Journey time 60 mins if the rails at Didcot don't get hot. www.thamestrains.co.uk

Buses back to Heathrow are also half hourly Usually 70 mins from Oxford Gloucester Green bus station (halfway between the railway station and Broad Street)to T1-3, but depends on traffic. You're travelling about the best time of the day, but still assume 85 minutes.
www.theairline.info/lhr_tt.htm
Mar 4th, 2004, 07:34 AM

The trains go from Paddington station in London.
Mar 4th, 2004, 11:02 AM

Trains are from Paddington Station as indicated in previous messages. You can catch the Oxford Tube at Victoria Station, Marble Arch, Nottinghill and Shepard's Bush just look for the Oxford Tube signs. They depart every 10 minutes. The journey takes approximately 70 min., depending on traffic. It'll make several stops in Oxford before arriving at Gloucester Green.The bus will be considerably cheaper than the train and leaves you in the heart of Oxford. From the train station it's a short walk of 10 min to get to Carfax (Oxford centre).There is also the Oxford Express which departs from Victoria station. It's virtually the same deal as the Oxford Tube. You can purchase your tickets on the bus.
At Gloucester Green you can also catch the Heathrow Express.It departs at least every half hour(sorry I no longer have a schedule).The journey will take about 90 min.

Search this Thread