After weeks of research and changing my mind, I have finally narrowed down an itinerary for September.
My husband and I will start out in London, take the train to Paris, fly to Pisa (then train to Florence), and lastly take the train to Rome (over 16 days).
I am going to book everything tonight, including hotels, flights and trains (I have already made my selections).
Before I do this, I want to make sure I should book the train tickets now? Which websites/companies are best??Or do I wait until we are in Europe and book same day? Also, do I book the "super economy" or first class, and is it worth the price difference. Can I bring a suitcase on the train or just carry on?
For flight from Paris to Florence, I'm choosing to fly to Pisa because easy jet doesn't fly to Florence and I've read horrible reviews about all the other airlines. Is this stupid?? Same question about the suitcase... can I have one (and pay extra) or carry on only!?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 2 Family vacation
- 3 GTG Paris December 2017
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 6 Christmas Markets 2017
- 7 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 8 Budget trip
- 9 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 10 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 11 Driving
- 12 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 13 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 14 Algarve Town Selection
- 15 Tips for first trip to UK
- 16 paris to london- day trip
- 17 Browsing Barcelona
- 18 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 19 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 20 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 21 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 22 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 23 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 24 Portugal
- 25 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.