Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Train and itinerary advice, Andalusia in mid April

Old Jan 23rd, 2018, 07:21 PM
Original Poster

1) We would like to go to Seville as soon as we arrive in Madrid and are trying to time our train reservation relative to our flight. How much time would we need after an international flight to get to Atocha?
2) We have 10 nights and 9 days (not including our day of arrival). We currently have 4 nights in Seville, 2 nights in Granada, and 2 in Cordoba. We will need to spend at least the night prior to our departure near Madrid to catch a morning flight. That leaves 1 night. Should we spend the extra night in Cordoba, or in Madrid? Or should we skip Madrid altogether and go to Toledo instead for 2 nights? And if we go to Toledo, is there a taxi service to the airport?

Thanks!

Last edited by chubbymamma; Jan 23rd, 2018 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Deleted question on no availability after reading responses to another related thread
Old Jan 23rd, 2018, 08:37 PM
kja

I think you will be happy that you have planned on 4 nights for Seville and 2 other nights for Cordoba!

2 nights in Granada is basically just enough to see the Alhambra, which can take a full day. So, if you want to visit any of Granada’s other treasures, you might want to add your night there.

Personally, I think you might want to consider deferring both Madrid and Toledo for another trip – Madrid itself, not counting daytrips, can easily take 4 nights, and I was glad I gave Toledo 2 full days and would have welcomed more time there.

BUT it all depends on your interests! Have you considered how / whether Mondays will affect your plans? (Many things in Spain are closed on Monday, and often for all or part of Sundays too; and many things in Spain will also be closed daily for a very long mid-day break.) I’d encourage you to identify the things you most want to see in each location and use a calendar to map out your trip.

No bad choices, though – just difficult ones. Hope that helps!