We are 4 adults and 1 toddler that will be renting an apartment in paris for 7 nights in september. We would like to do a couple day trips out of the city.
We plan to visit Versailles for a day (2 landscape architects in the group!) and would also like to tour the Loir Valley for a day to see some castles and a village or two. If possible, we may try to squeeze in a visit to Vaux le Vicomte (but that may be too much for the day)
I read references in other posts to train ticket/ car rental day trips from paris, where you get round trip train tix from paris and there is a car rental for the day waiting for you at the destination train station. I cant seem to find any links online to see prices, terms and conditions, make reservations, etc. (i want to be sure we can get a car seat for the little one)
Any advice out there on doing this? Which station should go to? are we better off getting out of paris for couple nights and staying the area? With the toddler, switching hotels etc, may be problematic, and we are already paying for the 7 nights in the paris apartment even if we stay elswehere for a night or two.
thanks for any advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 week May trip with kids
- 2 Paris November 2017
- 3 Self Drive UK tour
- 4 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 5 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 6 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 7 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 8 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 9 Airport Transfer
- 10 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 11 Rail vs. Plane
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 13 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 14 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 15 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 16 Where to See Flamenco
- 17 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 18 Arezzo - how much time?
- 19 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 20 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 21 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 22 New Years in France
- 23 Easter Week in Italy
- 24 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 25 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do