I need help from those of you that travel often, especially by train. I have another thread and got some excellent advice but thought I should start another with more detail.
We have set our itinerary after much debate and I went to go check out ticket prices on bahn.com and the prices jumped up on me. I know there are regional passes etc... but am overwhelmed at stringing together so many different options.
I would be grateful if someone could give me some advice on the best ticket options because at this point the rail pass is looking like a better idea. If this is true, It's my understanding that we can buy these at the airport in Frankurt. Is this true?
Here is our itinerary-
May 11-land in Frankfurt
Train to Munich and spend the night there.
May 12-Train to Hallstatt
May 15-Train to Garmisch
May 17-Train to Colmar
May 19--Train to Dusseldorf
pick up rental car and hubby has work 21-22
May 22--drive to cochem late afternoon
May 24-drive to Frankfurt and drop off car/fly home
Looking at our schedule, we have several train trips--does a pass make more sense?
Thank you all so much for all your help so far--y'all are amazing!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 2 The World's Greatest Churches
- 3 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 4 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 5 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 6 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 7 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 8 My France Vacation
- 9 Paris November 2017
- 10 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 11 GTG Paris December 2017
- 12 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 13 London vacation rental agency
- 14 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 15 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 16 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 17 Trans Siberian Train
- 18 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 19 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 20 Iceland driving in March
- 21 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 22 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 23 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 24 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 25 ICELAND in February