Trafalger Tours in France????

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 02:05 PM
Steph

Trafalger Tours in France????

My fiance and I are thinking about a tour of France for our honeymoon. Has anyone used Trafalgar Tours before? Just want to check them out before we book. Thanks

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 02:35 PM
Sarah

I've traveled through Europe on tours before, as well as via independent travel. While the tours are a great way to see alot of territory on a short amount of time, it's not a very romantic way of travel for a honeymoon. Most of the days end late and you have to be up and on a bus by 7 am the next morning. Doesn't leave much time to enjoy spending time together. And the tour hotels tend to not have much of the luxuries. <BR><BR>I'd suggest that you just book yourself a room in Paris and enjoy wandering the city on your own time schedule.

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 02:40 PM
Lori

Don't take a tour for a honeymoon. France is easy to plan yourself and you can always ask questions on this forum, people love to help. A tour will have you up at dawn (practically), bolt down breakfast and get on a bus .. not a romantic way to see the sights!! I'm not a tour person anyway, it's so easy to plan things to suit yourself. You can always do a couple of day-tours if you like from cities such as Paris. Many tours cater more to older people and not knowing your age bracket that not be important, but honeymooners may not feel comfortable with sr. citizens (nothing agains seniors .. I'm getting there).<BR>I'd plan a slower paced trip, there are so many wonderful places in France, or just in Paris. Savor the time, enjoy each place/day/experience yourselves. It's your honeymoon .. not a bus load of people's.

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 05:23 PM
Fred

While I've never taken a tour with them they have received very favorable reviews for all their tours in many countries. The really important thing with tours are the hotels they use. That being said, France is really not a country requiring a tour. The jewel of France is Paris and you can stay there without a tour and do some day trips if you like such as Versailles, Giverny, Fontainbleu, many others and these are very easy to do on your own. If you like and have the time you can leave Paris and spend some time in another area. To run around the country, up and out early and sitting on a bus is not the best way to see the country, breathe in the ambiance, or spend a honeymoon. For more Paris information e-mail me: [email protected]

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 09:12 PM
hmh

Trafalgar offers a good package for a week in Paris--seven nights, not six--plus airfare. There are three price levels of hotels from which to choose. We have done this Paris Week and were able to take day trips out of Paris. The pkgs include 1/2 day to Versailles and 1/2 city tour, plus a Seine Cruise. Look in any Trafalgar Tour book and you will find the information. You might want to take a short tour of France and then do the Paris week. I have taken quite a few TT and only once had to get up at the "crack of dawn" but always have had time to eat breakfast. We have had all age groups on every tour--from teens to ?? Most of our days departed about 8 AM, and the tour hotels have almost always been nice. But I do agree that it might not be the most romantic way to spend a honeymoon. I'd opt for the Paris Week--it is ecconomical although there is a Premier level package. I'd prefer to save $$ and spend it eating in the great little bistros or munching on crossiants and great French pastries. Travel is really "To Each His Own."

Old Dec 5th, 2001, 08:47 AM
mimi

We took one of Trafalgar's Tours of northern France five years ago. I would not recommend their tour to anyone who wants to stay in central hotels or eat good French cooking. Since that time we have done France alone 4 times and had wonderful times without any difficulty. We have stayed in small French hotels, eaten in bistros, and used the train throughout France. We do not speak the language and had no trouble even arriving in April and Nov. without reservations in many different places. Trafalgar had a large group of over 40 people and I would not want to spend a honeymoon that way.