Trafalgar or Globus tour of Italy?

Apr 10th, 2002, 05:35 AM
Bill & JoAnn

Trafalgar or Globus tour of Italy?

We're thinking of going to Italy & Sicily in Sept. 2002. We would like to know which company would have the most informative tour. We went to Egypt in 2000 with Trafalgar but was very very disapointed with our tour guide. However, we have been to Greece with Trafalar and it was heaven.
Thanks for any help

Apr 10th, 2002, 06:19 AM
lucik77

my friends traveled to Italy (Rome, Florence, Venice) with Globus and had a good time. most of the people on the tour were retirees but they were very easy going and you can always stray if you feel like it. (i joined my friends and their tour for a day so i can speak from first hand experience

Apr 10th, 2002, 06:19 AM
Kidding

Neither. Think Fodorites.

Well, not entirely kidding.

Apr 10th, 2002, 07:05 AM
xxxxxxxx

Suggest you try the "Romantic Italy" tour with American Express.

Apr 10th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Alice

We almost took a tour with GoAheadVacations called "Venice/Florence/Rome" or similar, but had to cancel for personal reasons. I chose this one over Trafalgar (whom we've used twice) and Globus because of the itinerary and comparative price. Their itinery allows much more free time for you to insert your own interests than any other I've seen, but still includes all the 'basic' sights. Take a look at their web at www.goaheadvacations.com

Apr 10th, 2002, 02:34 PM

to the top

Apr 10th, 2002, 02:40 PM
Kathy

Both companies are very similar. Just be sure that you know that you will have to spend uite a bit additional funds to buy the optional tours. Without them you will see very little. Neither tour is a bad deal for the money but very generic. I would opt for Trafalger.

Apr 10th, 2002, 07:01 PM
Sue

Bill & JoAnn

I can't comment on Globus as I've never been on one of their tours. I did take the Italy Bellissimo tour with Trafalgar and it was outstanding!! I saw everything and more and our guide was very informative.

I went with Go-ahead to Greece and they also have a very good tour.

No matter where you go or what you do, it's all wonderful in Italy.

Have fun, Sue