I'm in Ankara at present. I have a few days to explore and am wondering if its worthwhile visiting Trabzon and/or Samsun and/or Rize in the next few days.
I've been told that these are great places to visit however my concerns are as follows:
1. Weather - as of now the forecast for Trabzon is sunny but chilly on Wed, Thur, Fri. I prefer sunshine because I can get great photos. The cold I can deal with. Clouds and/or rain would be a deal-breaker. Haven't checked the weather for the other places yet.
2. Being off season, would the local transportation be limited or non-existent - for example if I wanted to visit Sumela Monastery, would it be difficult to get there by public transportation?
I'm thinking of getting there by bus - maybe an overnight one considering the travel time.
I am traveling solo and a budget traveler as well. Photography is my main interest.
I would appreciate any comments, suggestions, recommendations etc.
Thank you all in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 2 2 week May trip with kids
- 3 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 4 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 5 Paris November 2017
- 6 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 7 Arezzo - how much time?
- 8 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 9 New Years in France
- 10 Easter Week in Italy
- 11 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 12 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 13 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 14 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 15 Which Aran Island??
- 16 Spain or Portugal
- 17 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 18 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 19 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 20 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 21 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 22 9 day trip to France
- 23 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 24 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 25 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)