Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   TOUT London Poll of Week - Help! (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/tout-london-poll-of-week-help-729645/)

PalenQ Aug 17th, 2007 07:05 AM

TOUT London Poll of Week - Help!

Any advice on how i should cast what could be the crucial vote in this week's TimeOut London Readers Poll?

Readers' poll

Ken Livingstone is considering a bike-hire scheme for London. What else would you like to pick up and hire in the streets?

A) Cars
B) Dogs
C) Deodorant

I'm leaning to B, but would depend on the type of canine - do plastic bags come with it or do i have to rent those as well?

hetismij Aug 17th, 2007 07:16 AM

A nice liitle chihuahua maybe?? very fashionable. Or would you prefer a German Shepherd or a Rottweiller, or maybe just a mutt.
I kind of like the idea of hiring a dog whilst on holiday, but as a dog lover I really couldn't possibly condone this. It's a bit like offering a child for hire so you can go to the zoo.
I would go for cars, maybe a Smart, but only if you don't have to also pay the congestion charge.

PalenQ Aug 17th, 2007 07:18 AM

I wonder if the congestion charge scanners are only at the entrances to the zone if you keep your car inside the zone and don't go out if you have to pay the charge?

caroline_edinburgh Aug 17th, 2007 07:33 AM

None of the above. People who take cars or dogs into central London should be shot, and I don't understand the concept of hiring deodorent ? A glass of beer, maybe :-)

LJ Aug 17th, 2007 07:53 AM

Surely we only ever "hire" a glass of beer?

The notion of a twelve year old (well-supervised of course) that could come to your home and install your latest purchase of ill-advised technology and to whom you would pay piles of money out of relief and gratitude...well, they are so much more useful than the damned manual!

TheFlannerpooch Aug 17th, 2007 07:55 AM

Caroline:

I love Central London. There's lots of yummy litter soaked in juice and fat, even though my horrible Boss tries to stop me eating it. If you try shooting him, I'll stow away on a BA flight to Edinburgh and come and bark outside your flat all night. And the Morningside ladies will HATE what I'll do on your pavement. So watch it.

By the way, I'm not going to get hired out by the hour. Though that poodle down the street - I bet that's what she does for a living. No better than she should be.

nanabee Aug 17th, 2007 07:57 AM

so true LJ!
i teach computers to 12 yr olds. in a middle school.
when i can't figure something out(which is fairly often),
i just ask my students, and they always know the answer every time!
i guess i'm just there to keep them in their seats!

PalenQ Aug 17th, 2007 08:03 AM

flanner's been watching the movie BAXTER too seriously

caroline_edinburgh Aug 17th, 2007 08:10 AM

Flannerpooch : my neighbours are no longer a concern, since I now live in Leith :-)

PalenQ Aug 17th, 2007 08:41 AM

<By the way, I'm not going to get hired out by the hour. Though that poodle down the street - I bet that's what she does for a living.>

Yeh i think i saw that poodles picture in a phone booth