Notices

Tours and Spas in Hungary?

Old Mar 24th, 1997, 05:35 PM
Heather G. Allore

Tours and Spas in Hungary?

I am interested in tours of Hungary, or lodging around the country. Also I would like to know if anyone has had experiences in Hungarian spas or recommendations.
Thanks.

Old Apr 18th, 1997, 07:04 PM
Mike Venczel

Well I spent 3 years working as an english teacher and enjoyed it thoroughly.
Szechenyi outdoor baths are fanastic. It is on the yellow Line in Budapest at Szechenyi Station I think.Anyway its one station after HOSOK TERE (Heros' Square). It costs about 2 USD to get in and there are 3 pools at different temperatures and one pool if you want to do laps.
As far as hotels go or rooms go to IBUSZ travel Service right off Vaci Utca which is the main shopping street. To get there take the any line (blue, yellow or red) to DEAK ter and and go to the Forum Hotel on the river bank and it'll be across the street (you can ask in the hotel).
They can also book rooms all over the country for about 30 USD outside BUDAPEST and probably 40 or so in Budapest but less privacy.

Old Jun 7th, 1997, 06:31 PM
A Press

We are going to Hungary this summer and found Tradesco Tours in CA runs some good packages. You can call them at 1-800543-8214 or 310-649-5808. If you get any more info. please send it on. Thanks.

Old Jun 8th, 1997, 11:29 AM
Sandy Racz

Hi Heather, We are going to Budepest in July for three days. I found Zsolt Nagy of Affordable Accomodations Reservation System for Hungary to be very helpful. I told him what I was looking for and thinking of doing. He made several suggestions and booked us a very reasonable pension, suggested a unique dinner on a boat on the river (inexpensive) and finding us a Castle to stay overnight in Pecs area. He was more helpful then the "average bear". Good Luck! Their Web Site: http://www.magnet.hu

Old Jun 13th, 1997, 03:38 PM
sarah scandiffio

Just a few comments about the spas. When I was over there in early April I went to one of the best in Budapest. Well, they take you in to a room and you must strip and they give you an apron literally to wear. Then you step in a tub with a thousand naked old women with everything hanging out. the sauna was good if the Hungarian women weren't busy yelling at us Americans who refused to do the apron and rather threw on a sheet worn as a toga. Do it, if you'd like. 2 bits of advice: Wear a bathing suit and bring sandals!