Reload this Page >

Tourist attire in Paris.

Search

Tourist attire in Paris.

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2002, 10:29 AM
ConcernedTourist

Tourist attire in Paris.

Would I be out of place if I walked down the street in Paris wearing a muscle shirt, bermuda shirts, black socks, and white Reeboks? Thanks for your help.

Old May 15th, 2002, 10:39 AM
Fashion Czar

Finally, a tourist with some real taste! And if you really don't want to be out of place, wear a Hawaiian shirt over the muscle shirt when it gets a little chilly.

Old May 15th, 2002, 10:40 AM
Hiho

Would respond in more detail, but the thought of such a creature walking down the Parisian streetscape has my fingers all curled up and frozen!!!!!

Old May 15th, 2002, 10:42 AM
oh brother

<BR>What a picture I have of you in my mind!<BR>The shirt must be tiedyed pink<BR>the shorts a red and blue plaid<BR>the socks must be baggy and have the elastic gone from the ankles and must be made of nylon.<BR>the white Reeboks have to be dirty and the shoelaces untied.

Old May 15th, 2002, 10:43 AM
ConcernedTourist

I forgot to mention that my muscle shirt has a picture of Stone Cold Steve Austin on the front and "Austin 3:16" on the back. Also, I have a John Deere cap with the bill flipped up that I like to wear on sunny days.

Old May 15th, 2002, 10:43 AM
tommy

You idiot.

Old May 15th, 2002, 10:45 AM
aha

Your choice to opt for the muscle shirt vs. the mesh tank top and gold chains was questionable until you mentioned that the chosen muscle shirt includes the fabulously in vogue Steve Austin.<BR><BR>Your choices are much commended. You must, however, also add a Stars and Stripes bandana around your head. Very tasteful.

Old May 15th, 2002, 10:48 AM
Capo

Yes, you would look out of place. To fit in, replace the black socks with argyle socks.

Old May 15th, 2002, 10:50 AM
just

What is a Bermuda shirt?

Old May 15th, 2002, 10:52 AM
ConcernedTourist

I do have some argyle socks I could wear, but would they clash with my pastel madras bermuda shorts?<BR><BR>

Old May 15th, 2002, 10:55 AM
Capo

If they begin to clash, just zip into a cafe for some coffee and peace talks.

Old May 15th, 2002, 11:00 AM
Yves

Actually, I bet that a few immigr&eacute; teenagers from the banlieue would be very impressed with the Stone Cold shirt.

Old May 15th, 2002, 11:02 AM
elvira

Let's not forget the slightly dingey and well-used white cotton handkerchief kept in the back pocket.<BR><BR>Actually, if you take a pair of old dress pants and cut the legs off just above the knees, the resulting Bermuda shorts are far more chi-chi than anything you could buy.<BR><BR>Personally, I like the short black socks-with-sandal look.<BR><BR>This all looks muuuch better if you do a nice comb-over.

Old May 15th, 2002, 11:10 AM
REDRUM

Steve Austin!<BR><BR>You really must be an idiot!<BR><BR><BR>I'm THE ROCK all the way...Steve Austin, indeed, pish-posh!

Old May 15th, 2002, 11:19 AM
hot & horny

Darling,<BR><BR>Where have you been all my life. A man with a sense of humor and a sense of fashion. You will be the hit of Paris. They will be talking about you long after you have left.<BR><BR>Oh Baby Baby how I yearn for you.

Old May 15th, 2002, 11:29 AM
ConcernedTourist

Follow-up:<BR><BR>Do they sell Red Man in Paris or do I need to bring my own? How about Moon Pies?

Old May 15th, 2002, 11:34 AM
GiveMeABreak

Yes you would be.<BR><BR>I would opt New Balance for the Reeboks!!<BR><BR>Reeboks are sooooooooooo 80's!!!!

Old May 15th, 2002, 11:56 AM
boingo

I think that a nice cold Hamms Light in a beer coozie would be a nice touch.<BR><BR>And replace the black socks with some nice over-the-calf striped athletic socks.<BR><BR>On second thought, don't. I'm going to Paris soon and I don't want them to start stopping all Americans at the border.

Old May 15th, 2002, 12:02 PM
Richard Reid

A fuse in your Reeboks would be very trendy.