Notices

Tour Planning--Now or later?

Jul 5th, 2015, 08:15 PM
Original Poster

Tour Planning--Now or later?

My son and I will spend three nights, two unencumbered, non-travel days in St. Remy-de-Provence. I would lo spend a day touring some farms in the region as my son is very interested in gardening and farming. I would like to spend the other day visiting some historic sites--like Avignon. My question is, whether we could show up Friday afternoon and make these arrangements on site, or whether it is better to use a website to nail things down before we leave home.

A few more facts - We will arrive in Avignon in the the afternoon on Friday and depart from Avignon on Monday. I have rented a car, but would prefer to spend some time being driven in a van or bus--much more relaxing!

Any suggestions?
Jul 5th, 2015, 08:41 PM

The options presented seem to be either do nothing at all or arrange everything before hand. It seems there are more options.

If a farm is not targeting weekend tourists, they might have no visits on weekends. Why not find them out if there exist such places, if they offer visits if at all, and how you make a visiting arrangements before you get there?
Jul 10th, 2015, 03:42 AM

I suggest to make arrangements before hand to save you any inconveniences on the day itself. Just as what greg had said, what if they dont offer such visits at all. So make sure to plan out everything before your trip.
Jul 10th, 2015, 04:32 AM

Do it soonest, farmers like their weekends off as much as the next man. I'd also check the local town websites who may be offering "visit the farmer" type visits. I've done this in Germany and there may be chances in France.

Search this Thread