Tour of Paris

Dec 9th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Tour of Paris

We are going to Paris over Christmas. We will be there 5 nights but one of these days will be Christimas.

Any suggestions on tours in Paris?

I was also considering buying a Paris Mueseum pass for the adults in our family. I understand that also works for Versailles. I was considering taking one day where we take the train to Versailles.
Dec 9th, 2010, 09:42 AM

Look at www.paris-walks.com. They have walking tours scheduled all through December including Christmas day. Also posters have liked the Segue and bicycle tours. Don't know the availability of these around Christmas.
Dec 9th, 2010, 10:01 AM

Parisvision and Cityrama have coach tours of the city.

http://en.parisvision.com/
http://www.pariscityrama.com/

There is also a Hop On-Hop Off bus tour:

http://www.carsrouges.com/?gclid=CNX...FQTNKgodVmyF5A

I also like the Paris Walks
Dec 9th, 2010, 10:42 AM

Oh, and you must do a Seine Cruise. One possiblity is Vedettes du Pont Neuf. I'd recommend after sundown.
Dec 9th, 2010, 11:01 AM

Do yourself a favor and contact Michael Osman at [email protected]. He charges a set price no matter how large your group is, will stay with you as long as your feet will hold out and for a group of 4 or more he's less expensive than the hop on hop off bus, or the tours listed above.He is extrememly knowledgable about all of Paris , particularly the art scene as he himself is an artist. Though I don't know where he finds the time to work at it!
Dec 9th, 2010, 11:07 AM

Couldn't agree more about Michael. And I would leave Versailles for another trip--you really don't have much time. it will be closed on Monday at the very least.
Dec 9th, 2010, 11:38 AM

I agree with the comments for Paris Walks, I'm in Paris now and tho this is my 9th time here the walking tour was very enjoyable, informative and inexpensive, I did the Marais 1 walk and plan to do two more before I leave next week. Have done the Hop On Hop Off bus and depending on ages in your group it is a good way to get a quick overview of the city but have heard so many good things about Michael also, this may be a good way to go.
Dec 9th, 2010, 01:55 PM

bookmarking