Reload this Page >

Tour of BBC--any opinions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 11:54 AM
pscaltreto

Has anyone taken the BBC tour? Would appreciate any thoughts or opinions.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 12:34 PM
mary lewis

We took it about 3 1/2 years ago. It was not well attended - maybe 5 people on the whole tour. The information was good and there were some activities - but I would only do it if you have a keen interest in the BBC or radio in general.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Alec

Just to clarify for those not familiar with structures of BBC. The tour in question is at Broadcasting House, near Oxford Circus, where radio programmes are made. The main TV centre is in West London, nearest tube White City, and as far as I know, no tour is offered there because of security concerns.

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 12:30 AM
Diane

THe BBC Experience is CLOSED

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 01:23 AM
Tracy

Hey there -<BR><BR>Yes, the old Disney-style 'Experience' has closed in the West End; but you can still tour the TV studios (the main building) out at White City:<BR><BR>http://www.bbc.co.uk/tours/<BR><BR>Very exciting to watch a live broadcast. Sometimes the tours include this, but the link for booking tickets is also in that URL.<BR>HTH <BR>= )