Reload this Page >

Tour companies for Italy

Search

Tour companies for Italy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 06:42 AM
David

Tour companies for Italy

Hi all:<BR><BR>I'm doing a bit of research for my sister. I'm a regular on the SlowTrav board where we don't cover info like this and my knowledge doesn't include stuff about tour companies. My sister, bro-in-law and 15 year old niece would like to travel to Florence and Venice (well, at least that's the plan today -- anything could happen tomorrow) for somewhere around 9 days -- 4 days or so in each city -- and they'd like to do it thru a tour company that gives<BR>you some structure, but doesn't schelpp you around constantly on a bus -- some planned activities and some free time. A bonus would be a tour where there might be some other teenagers. Does anyone have any recommendations? I read the recent thread on the Tour Company Forum about Tauck Tours. Are there any others to recommend? Thanks, David<BR><BR>

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 06:54 AM
Margaret

My husband and I went on a tour with Perillo in 1998 (www.perillotours.com). It was an excellent balance of guided tours, free time and optional additional tours you could purchase if interested (i.e. - day trip from Florence to Pisa). Our trip was Florence, Venice and Rome, but they offer a variety of others. We were in our early 20's at the time, and there were 2 other families with teenagers on the trip (but I would not say they specifically cater to families). Good luck!

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 07:05 AM
Hiho

It may be hard to find a tour that just covers Florence and Venice, with about 4 days in each place. <BR><BR>Here is one alternative, whether or not such a tour exists. They could go on their own, but sign up for organized day tours in each city. These tours could cover the main cities (Florence, Venice) or daytrip excursions. This would give them more flexibity on how muc free time they had (they could book tours for as many or as few days as they like), yet give some structure to their trip and guidance to their trip.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 07:10 AM
Rex

A "Fodorites' trip" might be a match for their interests. There are multiple threads about the trip that merged from this forum last year, September 19-Oct 3 - - Florence, Lake Garda (including Venice) and Rome.<BR><BR>Pleas let me know if I can provide any further guidance on how this might be organized.<BR><BR>Rex Bickers<BR>Westerville, Ohio<BR>

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 07:11 AM
Book Chick

www.palladio-tours.com<BR><BR>Buon Viaggio,<BR>BC

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 03:00 PM
topping

to the top, for David...<BR>

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 06:05 AM
David

Thanks, all, for your responses. Especially the one from TTT. Most informative.

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 08:22 AM
tee hee hee

ttt says you're welcome.<BR>