Notices

Toulouse to Carcassonne

Jan 26th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Original Poster

Toulouse to Carcassonne

I will be traveling soon with my husband who has business in Toulouse. I will be on my own there for 2 days while he is in meetings and am considering a visit to Carcassonne.
I do not have a car. Would this be a worthwhile visit? Can I get there easily via train? Is it a safe venture for a woman by herself? I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas on this.
Jan 26th, 2012, 11:46 AM

Hello, Yes it is a quick trip by train and it is a unique location. It is a bit of a tourist magnet so it is safe. Lots of families with children on a family holiday.
Jan 26th, 2012, 12:02 PM

Perfectly safe and easy to do. There's a reason it's a tourist magnet... it's the biggest medieval city in Europe. True, it's not 'original' in that it was rebuilt in the 1800s but it's still an amazing thing to see when you're from a place where 100 years old is considered ancient! Go and enjoy.
Jan 26th, 2012, 12:37 PM

I agree that it would be a great day trip and it's perfectly safe. Unfortunately there aren't many direct trains so you'd either have to leave very early morning or take a coach (which takes 2hrs15 instead the 1-hour train ride). Note also that the old walled city is a good 20 to 30-minute walk from the train station. Still worth it in my opinion.

Search this Thread