Toulouse hotel -1 night?

Search

Toulouse hotel -1 night?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toulouse hotel -1 night?

Appreciate any advice - We are flying into Toulouse on a Saturday afternoon from Canada via Paris. Because of the anticipated fatigue and jetlag, we have elected to spend one night in Toulouse before driving to a holiday rental near Sarlat. Looking for a very nice hotel (with AC) in a great location for walking a few blocks to see some of the best of Toulouse , close to great restaurants etc.
Old Jul 9th, 2010, 12:02 PM

well, I would recommend the Mercure Place Wilson as fitting most of your criteria. It is very conveniently located just a block or two from the metro stop which goes to the train station. It is also just a couple blocks from the main square and there are a lot of small restaurants around place Wilson. It has AC and is modern. It is the best located Mercure in Toulouse in my opinion, there is another big one.

I don't know if I would call it "very nice", as to me that sounds like you want luxury and it's not that. I think it is a 4* hotel, but nothing special in that category, if you know what I mean --functional, modern, comfortable, etc. The bed was comfortable, though, and the rooms huge. Also had a coffeemaker in the room which many hotels do not in France, in my experience.
Old Jul 9th, 2010, 01:40 PM

Have a look at the Beaux Arts.

The big hotels around the central square are fine, but they're all much of a muchness.
Old Jul 9th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Original Poster

Thanks..Just noted some scary reviews of the Beaux Arts on Tripadvisor. Extreme responders perhaps?
We do like luxury while on holidays, any other hotels come to mind?
Old Jul 9th, 2010, 03:47 PM

We liked the Grand Balcon. Very modern, near the Place du Capitol. We chose a superior (or privileged) room. Not too large, but pleasant.
Old Jul 10th, 2010, 02:24 AM

I would also recommend Mercure Place Wilson if you are looking for a hotel with air conditioning. It's smaller than some other Mercures, and very comfortable. Great location, just off Place Wilson a few minutes walk from Place de Capitole, the main square.

The Beaux Arts is lovely, but the rooms are very small, and expensive. Very romantic. They operate a restaurant across the street, plus there is a great bistro (des Beaux Arts) just around the corner.

You don't say when you are coming, but I would book as early as possible, as both are often full.

I have to say that we usually stay at the Ibis Toulouse Centre when we go. Not much soul, but not expensive, and also well located.