Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Touble getting reservation on DB Bahn website (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/touble-getting-reservation-on-db-bahn-website-900742/)

eastave Jul 29th, 2011 11:27 AM

Touble getting reservation on DB Bahn website

I am buying a ticket from Munich to Bologna on the DB BAhn website. It lets me request a reservation for 7 euros for the 3 of us, but when I click to buy the ticket with the reservation it says "It is not possible to book one or more reservations in accordance with your request. These items are marked in red. Please decide how you wish to continue: Do you wish to make no seat reservations for the entire journey?"
And then in Red it says "Reservation request not accomplishable"

Any idea what is going wrong? Do we need a reservation? This is for the EC train on a Sunday in September.

kybourbon Jul 29th, 2011 11:49 AM

Are you trying to book the EC train with no changes or the EC/ES train that requires a change in Verona?

eastave Jul 29th, 2011 11:54 AM

The no changes train.

kybourbon Jul 29th, 2011 11:54 AM

I did a random date in September for three people and had no problem booking the discount tickets with seats for the EC train that doesn't require changes.

kybourbon Jul 29th, 2011 11:55 AM

Date? Time?

kybourbon Jul 29th, 2011 11:58 AM

May be down for website maintenance. Perhaps you should wait until 8/2. From Bahn DE (upper right corner).

Ticket booking service temporarily unavailable
Online booking will be unavailable from 31/07/2011 10 p.m.(CET) and is expected to be available again at 5 a.m.(CET) 01/08/2011.

eastave Jul 29th, 2011 12:03 PM

We want the Sunday, Sep 4 train that leaves at 9:31. The problem arises at the very end, after I enter credit card info and click to complete the booking. What is weird to me, is that it asks earlier on if I want a reservation and what kind.

I looked a bit online, and some people have trouble mroe than 2 months out, but that isn't the case here. Maybe I will wait, and if it still doesn't work, just get the ticket. I don't want to miss the deal.

quokka Jul 29th, 2011 12:28 PM

Apologies for a silly suspicion, but did you enter the date as 04.09. or 09.04.?

eastave Jul 29th, 2011 12:34 PM

I am pretty sure I got the date correct since I used the calendar.

yk Jul 29th, 2011 12:51 PM

Since you said it was the very last step that was the problem, could it be because your credit card company is blocking the sale? Have you notified your CC that you'll be doing international purchases?

november_moon Jul 31st, 2011 08:42 AM

I had trouble with my cc company blocking the transaction - since it is a foreign transaction, they suspected fraud. I called them to let them know it was me and then they released the block and it worked.

danon Jul 31st, 2011 09:11 AM

The only time I had a problem with DB booking was because I did not put 0 before my tel.
number.

eastave Jul 31st, 2011 11:59 AM

I bought the ticket, so my cc was ok. It just wouldn't let me make the reservation. I will call them next week to see if I can do it over the phone. Thanks for all the ideas!