Torp Airport in Norway?

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 11:06 PM
Frank

Torp Airport in Norway?

Ryanair flies to Torp Airport. Is it inconvenient to Oslo? How does the terminal look like?

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 02:55 AM
Ben Haines

Torp is about 120 km southwest of Oslo and half the route is motorway.

Ryanair?s site at http://www.ryanair.ie , then Destinations, then Oslo then Getting Around says: From the Airport: Coach service between the Airport and Oslo bus terminal. Torp-Ekspressen has a seat guarantee for all Ryanair passengers (individual passengers do not require pre-booking). Only Torp Ekspressen corresponds with Ryanair departures flights from Torp.

The airport site http://www.torp.no/index.asp?lang=en then Transportation then Bus says: Oslo - Torp. The Torp Express bus service corresponds with Ryanair's Torp - London and Torp - Frankfurt Hahn flights.

Buses leave Oslo Bus terminal (Galleri Oslo) approx. 3 hours before flight departure. The bus stops at Skøyen, Lysaker, Høvik, Asker and Drammen.
The Torp Express bus service has a seating guarantee.

This service is open to all passengers travelling to and from Sandefjord Airport Torp. Since the bus service corresponds with Ryanair's flights to and from Sandefjord Airport Torp, it will wait for Ryanair passengers in the event of any delays. The bus will leave 30 minutes after arrival.

Tickets cost NOK 98 each way for adults and NOK 49 for children (aged 3-15). Children under three years travel free.

For more information about this scheduled bus service, please call + 47 177 or + 47 815 00 176, or see the timetable at www.trafikanten.no

Ben Haines, London

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 02:58 AM
Ben Haines

The airport web site says it has a photo archive, but I canbnot download it.

Ben Haines

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 08:37 AM
sven

I have used Ryanair from Torp. It is a small airport with maybe 8 gates. Ryanair used rolling ramps to load and unload pax near the front and rear of the plane (which probably explains this airline's ability to turnaround in 20 minutes). I will be flying through there again in January. Torp is pretty far from Oslo. There is good motorway between Oslo and Torp if you decide to hire a car. Closest city is Sandefjord with frequent shuttle busses between central stn and airport.

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 12:18 PM
David

I landed at Torp this past June. I arrived late from Stansted in the UK. I stayed at a hotel a few minutes from the airport and caught the train from Sandefjord to Oslo the next morning. Considering the cost of a "regular" flight from the UK to Norway I saved a ton, even including the hotel cost.

Though others will tell you to not bother to have local currency when landing, I was glad I had NOK's. There was only one ATM at Torp airport. By the time I gathered my luggage and wandered out, there was a line of at least a dozen people at the ATM. I walked past them, got in a cab and was at my hotel room at least 45 minutes earlier than if I'd have waited in line for an ATM at the airport. 45 minutes doesn't sound like much but the difference of being in bed at 11:30pm rather than 12:15pm made me glad I had local currency.