Tops of Switzerland package

Apr 5th, 2006, 12:57 AM
Original Poster

Tops of Switzerland package

I am taking "Tops of Switzerland" package. Arriving Zurich on June 5 afternoon and continue from there.
The package includes
- 2 night stay each at Interlanen and Lucern.
- excursion to Jungfraujoch and Mt Pilatus (both included)
- 5 Swiss Transfer Tickets

How this transfer ticket works? 1 Transfet Ticket means 1 day of travel? What if need to travel within the city by bus/tram, will I get any discount?

Looks like I need not to pay for travelling between Zurich Airport to Interlaken, Interlaken to Lucern, Lucern to Geneva (or Lausanne) for Paris. right?

By the way, we are 2 family (4 adults, 2 child).

This "all inclusive" package is compact and for 5 days 4 nights (2 nights each at Interlaken and Lucern), I'll be at most scenic places. Hope it is worth. What's your idea?

1. Heard Titlis is better that Mt Pilatus. How can I go to Titlis from Mt Pilatus? How much to Top up?
2. For other 2 days for city travel tickets at Interlaken and Lucern will Transfer ticket give any discount?
3. I went to the website for Transfer Ticket details. It says something like '..round trip between any airport/border station to any city.. to be completed same day ..' But Interlaken/Lucern are not border stations. Then how it is valid. Also what is meant by 5 transfer tickets I am getting?
4. Any discount (for family with child) on TGV from Geneva to Paris? On SNCF website I can't find such discounts?
Apr 5th, 2006, 03:02 AM

Topping this for you...
Apr 5th, 2006, 04:10 AM

Obviously in order to get correct/offcial answers to your questions, you should ask them to the package organizer but i can tell the followings :

1. Mt.Titli. you have to check how to get to Engelberg, by train or by post bus. Check www.sbb.ch. From Engelberg, you take cable cars. You can easily find the exact price by googling but I'd say it cost about CHF 70 per adult.

2. I don't think so. See also 3 below.

3. Swiss transfer ticket : that's what you get often when you buy a package deal. They are valid only for 2 rides. In your case for the train ride from ZRH airport to your first stop, Interlaken and the day you get out of Switzerland (via Geneva). I don't think it's valid for Interlaken to Lucerne nor give you any discount. You will have to buy a separate ticket. Swiss Transfer tickets are valid only for the first and last days of your trip. I'm not so sure why you got 5 tickets for 6 persons but probably 4 is for 4 adults and last one takes care of 2 children. There are ways that children of up to 14 or 16,(?I forget the age), to travle free on Swiss trains when accompanied by parent(s).

4. I'm most sure with this of all. You will get no discount on trains GVA-Paris. This line is 100% operated by SNCF, French Railway. However, if you are taking a train Lausanne - Paris, then you could get a discount on Swiss part, about 15 % of the whole ticket price but you have to tell this when you buy the ticket.

You still have lots of time so I recommend you to ask your questions by e-mail to the package organizer and if necessarily to SBB (Swiss Federal Railways) to be sure about above.

Search this Thread