Top 5 of France

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 12:57 AM
Maurice

Top 5 of France

What is your top 5 of France?<BR><BR>I would like to know in order to make a rating of all sights in France based on your interests.<BR><BR>The results for France as for similar polls on Australia, Bolivia, China, Indonesia, India and Peru can be found @:<BR>http://worldimpressions.tripod.com/whatdocountry.html<BR><BR>Cheers and thanks for your input.<BR>Maurice

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 04:25 AM
Anthony

Top 5 in France:<BR><BR>-American Cemetery at Colleville-sur- Mer (Omaha Beach) Normandy<BR>-Fields of lavender at Abbey Senanque Provence.<BR>-Plain trees on way in to St. Remy Provence.<BR>-Musee D'Orsay Paris<BR>-Ile St. Louis Paris

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 05:34 AM
Traveler

Anthony:<BR><BR>When is the best time to see Provence?

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 06:06 AM
elvira

Based on MY interests:<BR> <BR>Picasso Museum, Paris<BR>The cathedral at Chartres<BR>Nureyev's grave in Ste-Genevieve-des-Bois<BR>The chateau at Versailles<BR>The chateau at Temniac<BR>

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 06:21 AM
Wayne

So what are you going to do with the results of this poll? Does your question benefit other travelers in any way? If so, good. If not, I wish you would avoid making polls on this web site.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 06:41 AM
Maurice

Hopefully other people will benefit too by getting a general idea of what is hot and worth to see in a country. The rating will be a combination of numerous top 5's and will provide hopefully a good picture of places you should not miss while traveling in these countries.<BR><BR>The polls are entirely voluntary, so therefore I hope I can continue to use this kind of forums to get more votes and a more reliable view on the countries.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 08:10 AM
Sue

Anthony, plane trees, not plain. But agree that the sight is beautiful!

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 11:04 AM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>I've got 2 days free in USA.<BR><BR>Give me the top 5 !<BR><BR>Peter<BR>

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 05:56 PM
zzzz

Hey Wayne, GET LOST!!

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 06:09 PM
This Is Crazy

Maurice, this is insane. If you want to pick the top five favorite places in France for the average tourist to visit, that would be one thing, but asking on this site just muddies the waters, don't you think? For example, here are mine:<BR><BR>The chapel in St-L&eacute;on-sure-V&eacute;z&egrave;re.<BR><BR><BR>The Christmas market in Strasbourg.<BR><BR>Monpazier<BR><BR>Glanum<BR><BR> La Mosqu&eacute;e de Paris<BR><BR>St-Jean-de-Cole<BR><BR>There. Happy?<BR>

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 06:19 PM
Nick

Spot on, Peter. Spot on!

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 06:33 PM
mimi taylor

Gorge Of Verdun,<BR>Mount St Michel from the distance in a fog(etheral),<BR>provence with its fields of lavender, sunflowers and garrigues of wild herbs.<BR>,<BR>The sea coast of Brittany, breathtaking,<BR>Driving along the gorge of Tarn.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 11:45 PM
garry

1) Sarlat and Dordogne valley<BR>2) Rocamadour<BR>3) Eze, C&ocirc;te d'azur<BR>4) Sacr&eacute;-coeur , Paris<BR>5) Collioure<BR>

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 03:33 AM
Gerry

How about a top 5 for just Paris?

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 11:55 PM
Smiley

Great post!<BR><BR>For sure...<BR><BR>1. Mont St Michel<BR>2. Carcassone<BR>3. Gorges du Verdon<BR>4. Chamonix<BR>5. St Tropez<BR><BR>Cheers

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 04:12 AM
Anthony

Sue, You are correct, plane it is! And glad you too appreciate the beauty of the cathedraled entranceway in to St. Remy.<BR><BR>Traveler, In my opinion the best time to visit Provence is in late June and early July when the lavender blooms, when there are many cultural diversions (in Aix, in Avignon, St. Remy etc.) It is not the only time. We also enjoy late September when the crowds have gone and weather is just a touch cooler. <BR><BR>Good luck.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 05:11 PM
steve

1. The View from Domme<BR>2. Country roads in Borgogne<BR>3. The restaurant at Chambord<BR>4. Drome<BR>5. Dordogne Valley

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 11:45 PM
Mike

It got to be the Alps. Think of 5 mountians there and you have my top 5.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 01:15 AM
Martine

1. Le gouffre de Padirac (near Rocamadour)<BR>2. L'aiguille du Midi (Chamonix,Mont-Blanc)<BR>3. Les Ch&acirc;teaux de la Loire <BR>4. A trip with "Le petit train jaune" (Pyr&eacute;n&eacute;es orientales)between Villefranche de Conflent and Mont Louis<BR>5. Monaco

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 05:26 AM
jeanne

STEVE: I'm going in October and would really like to know more about "the country roads of Borgogne". I'll be trying to choose between Borgogne or Normandy. Would you email me? Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -